IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] Sri Lanka 360° Photography 📷

This meetup was hosted in Batticaloa, Sri Lanka upon @ValeriaA_ initiation concept of getting more 360 captured around the world. Initially, I was wondering of where to host and will people attend such a 360 meetup without 360 camera on their own. Yeh most of the local guides from my place doesn’t have own 360 cameras. So I decided to give my 360 camera to the participants to use and upload 360 images, virtual tours, street views.

Sri Lanka Local GuidesSri Lanka Local Guides

In the morning, I got a call from my fellow local guide @DilibAjanthM telling all the roads are inundated due to continuous rainfall in Batticaloa. Quickly, I checked with my local friends and got an alternative route with less flood and we could reach the destination by car.

Finally, @Meshanth, @prajith and @KrithikaA  joined me on this meetup.

Also, I want to share a little funny story, when I wear local guides red t-shirt, my 2-year-old baby knows I’m going for some meetup and she called me and said “meetup”. (I think my wife has taught this to her).

We reached the place on time (the place is 30km far from the city) started explaining about 360 cameras and the photography techniques. Then one by one I trained them to on how to cover the missing street views of any given area. Look at our local guides work below

On the first attempt itself, they did a good job. Congratulations Dilib and Prijith. Later I taught them the mobile street view app and how to take 360 images from mobile.

Prajith & DilibPrajith & Dilib

The meetup went colorful with lots of fun-filled memories and then we started to have some fun jumping into the Unnichai dam.

Due to the heavy rainfalls, the dam was overflowing at the time we went which made us take more images and videos. Let’s have a look at this dam.

Unnichai DamUnnichai Dam

Dilib & MeshanthDilib & Meshanth

I want to share a beautiful story here now. Yes, I got a Drone gifted from a Fairy, one who is my friend, fellow local guide. When I heard this first time as a gift I jumped over the moon. After coming home from Connect Live first thing I did was I went and registered this drone under the Civil Aviation Authority and waited to get the test mission approved. Finally used this day, to test this. Do you want to know who gave this gift? Watch this video and you will get to know who that fairy is 😊

Thank you very much for this gift @KimberlyAnnG 😊

Thank you @ValeriaA_ for initiating this 360 meetup and hope to do more similar meetups in future.

More photos please check this album

Sri Lanka
11 comments
Level 8

Re: [RECAP] Sri Lanka 360° Photography 📷

wow @IlankovanT what a nice experience you have gained. so happy for you all. yet another 360 meetup from Sri Lanka. ang my god I’m so thrilled 😁 about the drone. let’s ride it soon here in colombo soon. it really is a gift from a fairy 🧚‍♀️ thanks 🧚‍♀️ for this gift 🎁 

Connect Moderator

Hello @IlankovanT

Again a great meetup with a marvelous recap.. you are giving surprise Everytime with your new ideas of your passionative work.

Congratulations and Nandri thushy Bhai 👍👍👍

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Former Google Contributor

Great recap @IlankovanT,

I'm really curious how did she learn to say Meet-up :). Can't wait to see photos from your drone.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hello @IlankovanT

Amazing 🙂 Nice Photography and Video.

Thanks For Shearing.

Level 9

Thank you @Amilamadushan@KashifMisidia@VasT@rajuroyal

Amila yes soon we will do in Colombo. 

Kashif, yes hope you like this 🙂

VasT soon I will upload those 🙂

Level 9

Wonderful recap @IlankovanT sir thank you for sharing with us...

Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing this @IlankovanT

And hello helmet friends in Sri Lanka! You guys are awesome local guides!

The flood video was a bit scary but interested.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @IlankovanT,

Thanks for sharing this awesome recap! Your photos are brilliant and thanks to Kimberly, you can now share your drone photos! 

Looking forward to that! 😊

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thank you for your kind words @NirmalTeja@HiroyukiTakisawa & @AlexaAC 🙂