NandKK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] Ranchi LG Food Crawl

IMG_20170805_132652923.jpg

India Hotel is one of the best restaurant in the City of Ranchi, Jharkhand. It is located in Main Road, near Kashmir Vastralaya. Apart from restaurant, this hotel also provides the lodging services on reasonable rates.

This restaurant which function almost all day of the week provides great services to its customer. This business center has a good rating on google maps of 4.3. The ambiance is really good, however they need to maintain more cleanliness.

I reached the restaurant by 12.30 PM along with my two other friends, by that time few menu items were already finished (I will recommend to visit this place before 11.30 AM, if you wish to taste varieties of Fish cuisines)

We had ordered Mutton-Rice Thali, Chicken Curry, Aloo Bhaja and Fish. It has its own unique recipe for Mutton (Goat Meat) Curry, although the chefs are Bengali and Odiya but one will definitely get the local flavor also. In the modern time, they still use coal stoves to cook all the foods, which makes the food really tasty and mouthwatering.

If you are a hardcore non-vegetarian then you must visit this place. Mutton-rice plate is a really popular dish also my favorite dish. Apart from Mutton/Chicken/Fish dishes you can also try the crunchy Aloo Bhaja.

I will give a rating of 5 out of 5 for maintaining the authentic taste.  

It was a great experience while hosting this food crawl meetup.

Here is the Full Photo Album 

I hope, you all will like this RECAP post.

@Sorbe @DeniGu @Ivi_Ge @InaS @Petra_M @AngieYC

INDIA HOTEL (actual Indian recipes), Mahatma Gandhi Main Road, Lower Bazaar, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
19 comments
Google Vendor

Re: [RECAP] Ranchi LG Food Crawl

Thank you for sharing the recap with us @NandKK. It seems that you enjoyed the food crawl. What was the best dish in your opinion? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Google Moderator

Hello @NandKK,

Thank you for tagging me, the curry looks so good. What curry did you order?, by the way I love Madras chicken curry. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Thank you for your tag @NandKK

I do appreciate Indian food , and this looks absolutely quite authentic. Can you specify what is Aloo Bhaja  and how is usually prepared? I have never heard about this fish before. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Thank you @InaS for appreciating this recap post. I personally did enjoy a lot during the Meetup. 

All the dishes we tried were awesome. But I liked Mutton Curry most. 

Google Moderator

Woow, your photos are just mouthwatering, @NandKK!

Thank you for your objective opinion about this restaurant. I hope that you've also left a review and added some photos on Google Maps, too! 🙂

I really enjoy Indian cuisine, even though I'm not good with spicy food. Were the dishes you had spicy? Can you choose the level of spiciness?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Thank you @AngieYC. I had ordered Mutton and chicken curry both. But I liked Mutton Curry most. It was really delicious and made in Bengali style. 

It's good to know that you like Madras chicken curry. Here in mumbai I also loved this Curry, specially in the typical madrasi restaurants or mare by madrasi chefs. 

Level 8

@NandKK thanks for sharing this crawl.I wish I could join in this . Well no matter what you guys enjoy.😂

Level 10

Thank you @Sorbe & @DeniGu for appreciating this recap post. 

It's great to know that you do appreciate Indian foods. However due to plethora of spices in Indian foods, foreigners hesitate a little to taste it. But believe me Indian foods are really awesome and rich in everything, rich in taste, rich in spices, rich in colour and also rich in calories too 😂😂

Aaloo bhaja is not any type of fish. It's like french fry. Aaloo means potato and bhaja is like something deep fried in oil. It is deep fried in oil till the potato pieces become crunchy. You would love to taste it along with your main course. 

If you will ask me the level of spiceness then I would say 5 out of 5. But it does not mean that, the curry was any kind of tart, harsh or acrid. All spices used like garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, green chilly, cinnamon, black pepper, cardamom etc were included in a fair amount to make the dishes tasty and mouthwatering... Whereas in fish curry they had majorly used mustard along with other spices. 

Level 10

Thank you dear @Mdhamidmurtuza for appreciating this recap post. We will meet very soon next time.