IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] Photo Walk & Tree Planting 🌲

Thanks for the appreciation 😊@KarenVChin as I have already mentioned in the recap, this time it was all fruit trees except ten trees suitable for avenue planting.

Coming back to your concern on polythene covers of plants. I was waiting for one expert to identify this error to explain further. You're that genius. You've got good eyes. Actually let's map green is no more a one man show, it's a team activity engaging many agricultural and land resources experts. Check our team at this link.

Actually this is how it works. Certain areas of Batticaloa, has a Sandy soil texture which does not allow most of the essential nutrients to stay near the plant. But these packs, when they come out of their nurseries, comes with this plastic bag filled with clay soil and all nutrients essential for their early days of life. So to begin with this change into the Sandy soil, we cut open the bag from the bottom and let the roots spread along the Sandy soil and settle down. Until then we don't actually close the plastic bag with sool. It's left open. Once the plant starts to show symptoms of healthy growth like soon once they show two shoots. They'll remove the plastic bag. So it's only for that acclimatization period does the plant stays in this plastic bags 😊😊

Level 8

Great job Brother @IlankovanT  Kids Really enjoying the planting im also planning to do like this in Nothern Province Need Some Volunteers Still Searching  them  

Level 9

Thank you @ThanulakshanS, yeh! please do few plants with kids, they are really awesome and you will feel more happy after that. πŸ™‚
also, teach them how to maintain the tree πŸ™‚

Googler

@IlankovanT I just love reading your meet-up recaps, especially those focused on green-ifying (not a word, I know) the world. This one was extra special to read not only because you were helping the future of the world by working with chlildren, but for hosting @DineshKanthA, too! Nice work on the Street View, Dinesh.

You inspire me to host more meet-ups as Traci, too. That reminds me I am going to host an accessibility meet-up in NYC as part of @EmekaUlor's efforts! πŸ™‚ 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Former Google Contributor

Gorgeous photos! I love seeing the kids involved. As always, our planet is in the next generation's hands and we need to do all we can to ensure we steer them in a positive direction.

I'm happy to see the flag and foam pin from Connect Live made it out, too! *High Five,* Illankovan!

Level 9

Yeehoo... @TraciC thank you for the kind words and appreciating this πŸ™‚ happy to hear this from you "I am going to host an accessibility meet-up in NYC as part of @EmekaHouse's efforts!" you are awesome πŸ™‚

I'm also hosting an accessibility meet-up in this December πŸ™‚

Level 9

*High Five,* @brittym πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Thank you for encouraging us to do some good works while we contributing to GM. also, we are training kids on maintenance:) πŸ™‚

I'm sure I will do this ONE BILLION TREES SOON with our green lovers πŸ™‚

Level 6

Thanks you @TraciC πŸ§‘

This is the first time i worked with 360 cam and my 1st street view added, 

I want to thank @IlankovanT brother for this..

A.Dineshkanth
Level 10

@IlankovanT

Hi

Nice pictures and elaborate write up.

Thank you for sharing with us.

I was late for reading it.

Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev