AdrianLunsong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[RECAP] Manchester Local Guides Sept Meetup: Coffee Crawl!

Caption: Poster used to promote the Coffee Crawl meetup in ManchesterCaption: Poster used to promote the Coffee Crawl meetup in Manchester

Last week, I had the fun honour of hosting a Coffee Crawl meetup for the Manchester Local Guides! The idea was floated by Alain Lolliot and it was to visit the nominees for the best coffee/tea shop in Manchester as listed in the Manchester Food and Drink Festival; the festival started yesterday and goes on until the first week of October! To ensure that we didn't die from an accidental overdose of caffeine, we only visited four out of the six nominees. 

And so, naive as we were (maybe it was just me!) on the perils of too much caffeine, we began our journey to these four awesome cafes:

Fig + Sparrow

Ezra & Gill

Takk

Idle Hands Coffee

Our first stop at Fig + Sparrow!Our first stop at Fig + Sparrow!

On our way to Ezra, we had to stop and take a picture with a Bee sculpture!On our way to Ezra, we had to stop and take a picture with a Bee sculpture!

At Ezra & Gill where I had a nice poke oke.At Ezra & Gill where I had a nice poke oke.

Our third stop was Takk and we had a bit of fun with the Exploding Kittens card game!Our third stop was Takk and we had a bit of fun with the Exploding Kittens card game!

Our final stop at Idle HandsOur final stop at Idle Hands

Our final group shop at Idle Hands!Our final group shop at Idle Hands!

Thanks to @TimBull @RussKH @deadmanjones for joining in as well. Tim attended Local Guides Summit 2017 together with myself. And this year at Connect Live 2018, I have Russ and Alan (deadmanjones). So glad and proud to have a lot of representation from the North West! 🙂

Hope you enjoyed the photos from the meetup! And yes, at the end of the coffee crawl, I was starting to feel a bit light headed from all the caffeine. It was certainly fun and it was great to have Alain and Jess there who knew a far lot more about coffee than I ever could!

Keep your eye out for future events in Manchester and if you're keen to join in, hit me up in the comments section below! 🙂

#MCRLocalGuides #Manchester #ConnectLive2018 #LocalGuidesConnect

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Manchester, UK
3 comments
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] Manchester Local Guides Sept Meetup: Coffee Crawl!

Thanks @AdrianLunsong for the recap. Did not know alan got a place 2. That's fab news. Go Manchester!!!! @@

It was a really good fun trip. Had way to much coffee. Had to have a nap when I got home!!!! 

copyrps20180929_072916.jpg

This was my fav moment. Cake so good. It was good enough to photo!!!!! @AdrianLunsong

copyrps20180929_072829.jpg

And look at this amazing eggs Benedict!!! Same shop. Looks so good right. 

Now I must got get some breakfast. 

Manchester UK Local Guides: https://goo.gl/tBYxXm (Come Join us!)
Level 10

You were definitely not the only naïve participant...

Connect Moderator

@TimBull Yeah, I can see why Alain was holding out and not having anything heavy to eat until we got to Idle Hands! 🙂 And the cakes/pies were amazing there too!

@deadmanjones I'm in no rush to do another coffee crawl! Lol! At least I can comfortably say from personal experience that sugar rush best caffeine rush!! 

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews