NandKK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] Let's Map Public Toilets Mumbai

Shruti mapping the mumbai's toiletsShruti mapping the mumbai's toilets

On 2nd October, India was celebrating Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti, on the same day we chose to organize our meetup for mapping public toilets in our neighbourhood. This Meetup was a part of "Swachh Bharat Mission" being organized by Gujarat Local Guides by @NareshDarji 

Thanks to @ShravanJain who participated in this meetup from Pune and contributed for the great cause for the society. @Shrut19 and myself contributed in mumbai suburban area of Malad, Kandivali & Borivali.

In this Meetup we did focus on the basic but most useful amenity of our locality that is public toilet / loo / restroom. We did roam in and around the city, find the public toilets, and contributed on Google maps by writing reviews, ratings, and adding photos. This will help more and more people to get access to clean, well-maintained facilities.

Before starting the meetup, i informed everyone to check the great post on loo review this post for some tips on how to write your own #LooReview by @TiffanyL99

1. Areas covered - Mumbai Suburb & Pune

2. Total number of toilets mapped - 25

3. Total photos uploaded - 90

4. New toilets added - 6

5. Question answered - 105

This meetup was really an eye opening for us. The condition of the public toilets (except few) are extremely worst in Mumbai. One can feel the present of a public toilet from far distance due to its bad odor. I will personally advise to not use them unless there is an emergency. (Toilets available in Malls, Super Markets, Hospitals are quite good option) The Government of India as well local governing body should really pay attention for thier improvements. 

We promised to continue contributng for Swachh Bharat Mission.

Here is the full photo album
#LetsGuide #LocalGuides #LooReview #swachchbharat

@NadyaPN @Sorbe @ermest @TorM @brittym @FelipePK

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
14 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP] Let's Map Public Toilets Mumbai

@NandKK Great job bhai. This will help many people down the road. A good write up as well. Hope that this will encourage many Local Guides there to continually map and update public toilet locations. 

Connect Moderator

Great job @NandKK @ShravanJain bhai, @@ a@Shrut19 sister.

I really appreciate with your work. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Google Moderator

Hi @NandKK,

Thank you so much for the tag, I really enjoyed reading your recap!

The public toilet situation in Mumbai does seem pretty alarming, but the efforts you've put into mapping, adding reviews and answering questions are sure to inspire more Local Guides to follow your example. Dedication to a good cause and active engagement are what make a positive impact on society - and you've got them all.

Thank you! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Namskar.. 

@NareshDarji 

Thank you For Appreciation Bhai..

#Let's Map Public Toilets

Its Necessary Continuing work Contribution Help Our Society..

Regards From Mumbai

श्रृt 

@TeamMumbaiMaharastra..
#IndiaLocalGuides

Instagram

Indian

Level 10

Thank you @StephenAbraham big brother for appreciating my post. Your comment always motivates me... 

Level 10

Thank you @NareshDarji bhaiii but honour is all yours for initiating such a great Meetup idea.....

Level 10

Thank you @DeniGu for going through our recap post and appreciating it. Your good comment means a lot for us.........

We have promised to continue mapping the public toilets wherever we visit in day to day basis......

Former Google Contributor

Hi @NandKK

Thank you for tagging me into this post. This initiative is a very interesting one, especially because sometimes small details can contribute to a great cause. Keep on involving more people in this great project, and feel free to tag me anytime. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Thank you @Sorbe for appreciating my RECAP post. And yes we have promised each other to map the public toilets herever we go.