SanyaOdare's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

RECAP: Lagos Wazobia Cuisine Crawl

Banner - Lagos Wazobia Cuisine CrawlBanner - Lagos Wazobia Cuisine Crawl

Prior to the D-day there has been so much excitement and robust conversation (within the Lagos Local Guides WhatsApp group) about this meet-up. Therefore, it came as no surprise to see 19 members show up for this meet-up. We obviously couldn't wait to start "business of the day" - tasting, eating some of Nigeria's popular foods such as Ikokore, Ofada Rice, Akara Osu + Koko, Abula with Ewedu + Gbegiri, Asun (i,e cubes of marinated meat and cooked on a skewer with vegetables). All of these aforementioned delicacies under one roof? YES!!!

Members of Lagos Local GuidesMembers of Lagos Local Guides

One interesting thing that happened during this meet-up was having owner of the restaurant walked in and granted us unusual access to the back-end kitchen area. This I believe was done in good fate of allaying the usual scepticism that's often associated with hygienic state of street foods.

Members of Lagos Local Guides - in Chef capMembers of Lagos Local Guides - in Chef cap

Trust Local Guides to get busy clicking their cameras in all shades and models - phone, DSLR and all types in between. Please feel free to view full photo album here.

Street foods in a Quick Service Restaurant (QSR)Street foods in a Quick Service Restaurant (QSR)

18 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: RECAP: Lagos Wazobia Cuisine Crawl

Yes ???

It was very lovely and memorable meet up.

What I love most was the taste of the pap the spices were well balanced. It reminds me the taste of home made pap we called "Koko" in the north.

A bowl of PAPA bowl of PAP

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 8

Thanks boss @SanyaOdare, it was an unforgettable experience for me being the first meet up i attended as a local guide .

It was really a great feeling to be in the gathering of people with like minds and passion. 

And being a food crawl , wow ... I enjoyed every bit of the experience. 

I enjoyed every of their recipe of local cuisine however i would not be quick to forget the fluffy Akara osu and the Eforiro . The taste keeps refreshing on my taste buds. 

A piece cut out from the whole "Akara osu"A piece cut out from the whole "Akara osu"

The whole "Akara Osu"The whole "Akara Osu"

In short ,it was an amazing experience in all. 

Thanks for this meet up once again @SanyaOdare.

Level 10

I totally agree with you @Sagir! Let's hope that we will be able to have another one sometime soon.

Level 10

You're most welcome @AguerO! Your presence sure added so much colours to the meet-up.

Level 8

Wow,  my presence really...?

Then kudos to all the other local guides for making newbies like myself and others as at that meet up to really feel at home .

I appreciate this feedback sir and i am shy to admit that i blushed a little after reading your comment. 

Gracias ! Obrigado !!!

Level 10

I was a food crawl to behold and I enjoyed every minute in there. Thanks for bringing in this to us local guides. Having Street foods in a quick service restaurant means we can branch in anytime and have any kind of local meals we so desire for. 

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!
Level 10

You can say that again @Sagir

Level 10

We can all relate with this @AguerO

Connect Moderator

Looking forward to next one @SanyaOdare

Yes 👍 @MrLabule

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve