Mayford's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] LG Global Games Virtual Meetup

Games are such a way of bringing people together even in tough times, and that was the purpose of this meetup - to interact with ourselves as Local Guides from anywhere on the globe amidst the current world situation.

The last trivia question saw the response as follows: WHAT DOES THE LOCAL GUIDES PROGRAMME MEAN TO YOU:

The word cloud saw Local Guides who mentioned the different things which the Local Guides programme means to themThe word cloud saw Local Guides who mentioned the different things which the Local Guides programme means to them

It was a pleasant time for everyone that participated from the pre-meet up to the post-meet up game attempts. 2 hours seemed to have passed without anyone noticing just while the trivia questions kept everyone engaged. The Games platform for the challenge was Kahoot and people were able to join using a generated link.

String of questions asked for both team and individual challengesString of questions asked for both team and individual challenges

The goal was to initially have up to 50 Local Guides globally participate in the game, but surprisingly 130 Local Guides from across the world joined the individual challenges: GUESS THE CITY (14 questions) & REPLAY: LG GLOBAL GAMES CHALLENGE (37 questions). It was very exciting seeing the results and attempts by different people.

Example of questions during the individual challenge with 97 participantsExample of questions during the individual challenge with 97 participants

A total of 13 Local Guides including myself participated in the team competition using Google Meet. There were 3 teams: Team Budapest, Team Ibiza, and Team Rodeo. Each team had a team lead who answered the questions on behalf of the team members, so the members were providing answers. I really loved and enjoyed the team efforts. The trivia questions were cast to the screen for everyone to see and answer. 

Faces of the team members who participated in the team gamesFaces of the team members who participated in the team games

Team Budapest was headed by @AlphaSays who was also very helpful with the Google Meet link as Hangouts couldn't take everyone. Team Ibiza had their lead to be the amiable @christophesubilia, while Team Rodeo had @PalashTheExplorer who dominated the game with outstanding answers.

Example of the questions for the challengeExample of the questions for the challenge

TEAM Members:

Team BUDAPEST: @Adebambo, Ebuka, and Bajepade

Team IBIZA: @MrFreez@Idemudia, and @MrBest 

Team RODEO: @Priceless_peeh@Onukakalu, and myself.

The trivia questions consisted of both general affairs (travel destinations, food, culture, COVID-19) and Local Guides-related content. They were equally educative and fun. A couple of Local Guides had to attempt the challenge multiple times to find closure 😃.  It was also interesting to see how quick people can click on the correct answer as the fastest fingers get the hights points for each question.

Results:

• Team RODEO won the team competition with 28,875 points 
  • In 2nd place was Team Ibiza with 28,187 points
  • 3rd place was Team Budapest with 17,177

Results for all challengesResults for all challenges

The individual challenge saw AGandraburchik and @leomdevs come tops with the highest points. Here are meeting photos: Global Games Album

Overall, the activity was very interactive and it was a pleasure seeing global cooperation. Looking forward to more interesting meetups.

#LetsGuide

Isaac
Lagos, Nigeria
16 comments
Level 6

Re: [RECAP] LG Global Games Virtual Meetup

I am glad I could attempt.  It was interesting. 

Level 8

thanks @Mayford for the virtual meet-up. it was mind blowing.

Caption: screenshot of the Kahoot game interfaceCaption: screenshot of the Kahoot game interfaceCaption: Local guide @isaacOguji organizerCaption: Local guide @isaacOguji organizerCaption: Local guide @palash the explorer team lead for team rodeoCaption: Local guide @palash the explorer team lead for team rodeo

Connect Moderator

Nice meet-up and great idea, @Mayford! I'm sure it was a lot of fun, I completed the game after the meet-up and it was fun too but I'm sure that with other guides and teams it would have been better. Thank you for creating this fun meet-up and the trivias you created these days.

Level 10

@leomdevs, it was an absolute pleasure doing this. Thanks for participating.

@Onukakalu, I can't thank you enough for your support. It was really fun way to interact. I enjoyed the team spirit.

@Jesi, ah yes! Definitely would have been more fun. I wish the timing was not too early for others to join. Thanks a lot for participating. It was a fun way to enjoy the weekend, virtually. 🙂

Isaac
Level 6

Thank you sir, for organizing. more grace

Level 5

Thanks @Mayford for organizing the fun filled meet up😊.. And also to @PalashTheExplorer @AlphaSays @christophesubilia for being such wonderful team leads. And to every single participant.. It was a wonderful time with you guys🤗

Level 7

Thanks a lot @Mayford  for taking out time to create detailed post and wonderful collage. Reaching out to 120 people is an achievement in itself.
Thank you for the meetup and bringing us together from so many parts of the world. It was nice idea of games which I am thinking of stealing from you to bring more fun filled games rich meetups in the near future 👻

Software Developer by profession and Explorer by passion 🙂
https://www.instagram.com/i.am.your.dejavu/
https://www.facebook.com/psh.bansal/
https://www.quora.com/profile/Palash-Bansal-3/
Sayonara 🙂
Level 10

Haha @PalashTheExplorer 😅, I don't think you can steal it. You already have it 😀. I'm looking forward to your meetup, I won't afford to miss it. 

Isaac
Level 10

It was really an interesting meet up that relief us from the stress of the Lockdown. I love the way you coordinated the show @Mayford.

Finally, one good game deserves another. 😂 

very engaging, fun fill and educative.