NandKK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] Indian Heritage Walk - Ranchi

A set of Photos taken by me during meetupA set of Photos taken by me during meetup

Namaste to all motivated Local Guides around the Globe.

Recently we had our first ever National Meetup (United India Meetup) where almost 14 cities took part by hundreds Local Guides in a same day at different locations. 

All thanks to @ambrishvarshney from New Delhi for initiating the idea of The Great Indian Heritage Walk Meetup. Also thanks to @StephenAbraham and  @NareshDarji for their remarkable support in uniting the Indian communities for this meetup. I had also hosted this meetup in Mumbai along with other cities on 4th November 2018. Here is the recap of The Great Indian Heritage Walk - Mumbai Meetup. After Hosting that meetup in Mumbai, I flew to Ranchi to host this Ranchi meetup.

The city of  Ranchi is my hometown, hence I was really excited about hosting a meetup here. Also I was fortunate to host the very first meetup in Ranchi or Jharkhand.  

As the theme was to explore Heritage sites, I had chosen  Tagore Hill for our photowalk meetup.

I reached the meetup point by 8 AM in early morning. It was a beautiful winter morning. I got to know that the gate of the park will open by 9 AM. I waited for an hour for other LG to join me, as no other LG reached the meetup point, I entered in the Park all alone and started exploring. There is no entry fee or ticket to enter in the park. 

Tagore Hill is the scenic locality of Morabadi. Adventure lovers and aspiring photographers also gather at this picturesque place. It has a height of 300 feet and situated at 4 kilometre distance from the city center. There are moderate number of stairs to reach the hill top. The glimpse of the surrounding areas from the top of the hill really appeal to people visiting here. The view of sunrise and sunset from the hill top is one of the most beautiful things to see. 

View of city from the hill top 

I got to know many unknown facts about this place, earlier it was the ashram of  Rabindra Nath Tagore’s elder brother Jyotindra Nath. He was the script writer and composer of his younger brother, and because of his inspiration only, Rabindranath could achieve the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1913. 

Jyotindra Nath founded this place for meditation and peace (Shanti Dham) and used to live here between 1910 to 1925 with only three of his companion, one pet dog (ganju), its puppy (puppy) and a monkey (Roopi). He was the first ICS (Indian Civil Services) officer during British India. He had also opened a homeopathic clinic, in the foothills. 

After his demise, this place started loosing its charm and beauty. A trust was made in his name as "The Tagore Hill Trust" which is looking after the park and its maintenance. The trust is being run by the Jharkhand State Government. The Ramkrishna Mission Ashram is located at the base of the Tagore Hill at Ranchi. Nowadays this place has become more like a lovers park. Many couple can be seen in the surrounding of the park and hill. 

It was really a great experience hosting a Meetup in my hometown.  

Here is the Full Photo Album

I hope, you all will like this RECAP post.

@Sorbe @DeniGu @NadyaPN @Ivi_Ge @InaS @AngieYC

Tagore Hill, Van Vrindavan Colony, Morabadi, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
33 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP] Indian Heritage Walk - Ranchi

Thank you @NandKK for showing heritage of Ranchi and taking part in The Great Indian Heritage Walk. These Pics are amazing keep it up

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 8

Any Day came in kanpur for local guide meeT up hosting . I am from kanpur. 

Level 10

Level 10

Sure dear @Mdhamidmurtuza, only if I will get the opportunity to visit Kanpur. 

I will help you in hosting a Meetup. 

Level 10

Namskar.. 

@NandKK

Nice..

again One of the Successful Meetup..

and One More Detailing Post..👏👏

Thanks for Sharing..

Keep Exploring More and More Place, to Share with Connect..

Regards From Mumbai..

Level 10

@NandKK excellent recap buddy. Photographs are very good. Nicely written. I think you have covered almost everything.

Level 10

Thank you @Shrut19 for your kind words and for appreciating my RECAP post. 

By the way, when will you share RECAP of Pagoda Meetup. Do inform me if you need any help. 

Level 10

Thank you @TPattanaik jee, for Going through and appreciating my RECAP post. Indeed it was a wonderful Meetup for me. 

Level 10

@NandKK thanks for taking time to write a very thorough introduction to places in Ranchi. Tagore Hill looks like a really wonderful place and definitely will be someplace I'd like to come visit some day. The weather there looks pleasing, and you were wearing a light jacket, so, it must be quite nice weather there. Checking the weather app, it seems that temperature goes from 12-25C through the entire night to day. It would certainly be a very comfortable place to be. Is the weather like this the whole year round?

Thanks for sharing and thanks for mentioning me. Meet all of you soon there.