Vera_chidera's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

RECAP - Give-a-charity Lagos

It was my first meet-up and I absolutely enjoyed the company of the children of Vigilante Heart Charitable Society orphanage home on the 13th of December 2018 , at Igbo-Efon Lekki peninsula 2, Lagos Nigeria.  They were happy seeing us as we were greeted with warm smiles and open hands. 

It kicked off with their handy man telling us what it feels like for him to work with orphaned children, the ups and downs. Then we took a short tour of the temporary site, we were informed they will soon complete their new and permanent site which I already booked with their management team that Local Guides will love to witness the launching as well, for visibility and proper mapping.

The highlight was when the handy man took us round the premises and we pointed out some things they need to put in place for maximum safety of the children. Things like:  up-to-date fire extinguishers of different types, eliminating anything that can pollute the air around them, like cooking with firewood. Also,  when we presented our donations.

They were all very appreciative and friendly. They do not allow taking of pictures, but I had to explain to their Proprietor that we are from local guides and do not in any way intend to misuse the pictures. I highlighted the need to have them properly positioned on Google Map and tell the whole world about the good work they are doing with the orphaned children so people around the world can donate their own bits in support. Please click the link for more pictures from the meet-up -Give-a-charity Lagos photo album 

@SanyaOdare and @EmekaUlor came out to support this charity move that I initiated and they came bearing gifts as well for the kids. Thanks guys, it was a pleasure doing this with you both. For your support, seeing that I successfully executed my first local guide meet-up. Bless you always. My neighbor Amaka, who will soon become a local guide came through bearing gifts tooMy neighbor Amaka, who will soon become a local guide came through bearing gifts too

InShot_20181214_212026969.jpg

I fell in love with the twins on this banner. We were told they were rescued in an abandoned nylon bag.I fell in love with the twins on this banner. We were told they were rescued in an abandoned nylon bag.

7 Nicole Balogun Street, Lagos, Nigeria
17 comments
Level 10

Re: RECAP - Give-a-charity Lagos

My pleasure @Vera_chidera and thank you so much for this highly laudable meet-up - through which as Local Guides we are able to put smiles on the faces of others.

Level 9

Thanks @Vera_chidera for the highlights to a wonderful and inspiring meetup. The beauty of smiles on little children's faces is so heartwarming. Thanks to our mentor @SanyaOdare for helping out everytime 

Level 7

My pleasure any time. Thanks for joining in and taking most of the beautiful pictures. 

Level 7

Thanks for your kind words. It was fulfilling doing that. 

Connect Moderator

@Vera_chidera sorry I arrived late but happy to be part of this.community helping to make the world better. 

You have been acrive abd I hope you keep hosting more meetups .

Let's guide Charity!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Vera_chidera,

What a brilliant initiative to start off your first meet-up! Well done and thanks for creating awareness around this cause. 

It's great that Amaka will be joining Local Guides soon! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Thank you @AlexaAC , it meant so much to me and happy other guides joined in. 

I appreciate your kind words. 

Level 7

Thanks for making out time from your tight schedule. You have always been very supportive . Let's guide a charity. 🙌🙌

Level 7

Thank you @Specobelle, looking forward to have you join in next time.