AntonellaGr's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

RECAP: Ebbrezza Wine Meet up II

Ebbrezza Meet Up 2, we are trained enough for Ebbrezza III  next year!

Some wineSome wine

This year the area was Montello and the hills of prosecco, the well known Italian sparkling white wine. Before meeting for the wine tasting, the program was to visit the nearby area of the First World War, unfortunately the day before it rained A LOT and I had to make a change and move to Possagno and Canova Museum.

Canova MuseumCanova Museum

But I didn’t know - nobody knew-  the magic  power of @plavarda, it is ALWAYS sunny with Paolo (in fact the following day without Paolo it rained A LOT again..) and, after reaching the museum, we decided to go to Sant’ Eustachio Abbey as per the original plan.

Should we stay or should we go?Should we stay or should we go?

The Abbey has been recently restored, it was almost completely destroyed during the FWW as it was in the line of Piave battle front between the Italians and Austrians

Sant' EustachioSant' Eustachio

20181124_161015.jpg

To reach the Abbey you need to walk a bit among vineyards and olive trees. To be honest I was interested in mushrooms…

VineyardVineyardOlive treesOlive treesWild MushroomsWild Mushrooms

After visiting the Abbey and taking a lot of photos of the abbey and the landscape nearby, we headed for Villa Sandi and the underground cellars tour and prosecco tasting. Villa Sandi is a Palladian style villa and is also the main office of the winery.

20181124_182800.jpg

20181124_182406.jpg

We watched a video explaining the area and the wine, we saw really beautiful landscape, I found rather funny the scene of the family picking grapes in white shirts and an apron sommelier style

The guided tour showed us so many bottles of wine and so many tunnels, without a guide it could have been difficult to find the way out. The most interesting part for me was the connection with the FWW. In fact during the restoration works of the villa some tunnels were discovered, they were used as underground passages to cross the enemy lines.

20181124_173808.jpg

20181124_180710.jpg

Finally we moved to the restaurant. I think I will not drink wine for a while…

Some wine, again...Some wine, again...

Here the link to the album:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pzC1Moest9V8hoHx5

Thanks to: @ermest , @manulele81@plavarda@davide7O@davidhyno , @AngelaViale , @helga19

Nervesa della Battaglia, TV, Italia
38 comments
Level 9

Re: RECAP: Ebbrezza Wine Meet up II

Hello dear @AntonellaGr

It is great post about Meet Up In Treviso.

I enjoyed very much my visit in Treviso.I admired nice town,beautiful villa Sandi , our perfect evening in the restaurants.

Thank you for excellent  organization of the meeting you and @ErmesT.

Villa SandiVilla Sandi

IMG_20181129_184943_101.jpg

IMG_20181129_185155_258.jpg

IMG_20181129_184818_205.jpg

Level 10

Really a beautiful day ! I want to thank you all again for the pleasant hours spent together! And a special thanks to @AntonellaGr and @ErmesT  for making us discover beautiful places (for the eyes with the Basilica of Sant'Eustachio and for the taste with the excellent Prosecco of Villa Sandi and especially the excellent food of the restaurant!!) :

Sant'Eustachio Abbey - photo @davidhynoSant'Eustachio Abbey - photo @davidhynoNever seen so many bottles of wine!!!Never seen so many bottles of wine!!!Gnam!Gnam!

See you on the next meet up!!!

Bye,

David

Level 8

Dear @helga19

thank you for coming!

ciao

Antonella

Level 8

Dear @davidhyno

yes, so many bottles of wine... and a lot of food!

For the eyes one more view from the AbbeyView from the AbbeyView from the Abbey

Connect Moderator

What a day, for a wine meet-up @AntonellaGr

Last year we had a lot of rain, maybe @plavarda was really bringing the sun with him. This year my meet-up was:

History and Culture, with the beautiful Abbey of Saint Eustache, destroyed during the first World War, finally secured and visible. Now that the Abbey is open to the public, I had to modify my review

Wine culture, in a winery with 1.4 kilometers of galleries, at a constant temperature of 14 °C, in the underground of a Palladian Villa

Caption: details of the galleries of Villa Sandi. Photo Credit: Local Guide @ErmestCaption: details of the galleries of Villa Sandi. Photo Credit: Local Guide @ErmesT

Excellence of product, with a long list of wines (not only Prosecco). While Prosecco (produced with Charmat method) is aged for a few month in stainless steel barrel, they also have several sparkling wines aged in the galleries for years, according to the Champenois method (in Italy called Classic method).

The collection of sparkling wines is impressive, as you can see in the photos here below

Caption: a lot of different sparkling wines - photo credit: Local Guide @ErmestCaption: a lot of different sparkling wines - photo credit: Local Guide @ErmesT

Friendship and Local Food experience: What a beautiful way to close a Meet-up, with a dinner on the top of the Montello hills, in a Farmyard and Didactic Farm, a place where the children learn how is the life in a farm. The dinner, with traditional Food of my area (Risotto al radicchio, polenta, salami, grilled meat) was excellent. Great choice, Antonella. The dinner was a relaxing moment, with a lot of smiles, and some international contact coming in Hangout, like @TorM@lucianavelasques@alexandradias.

@helga19 was coming with presents from Russia for everyone

Food and Friendship - Photo Credit Local Guides  @INNA1, @AngelaViale, @Ermest, @Davide7OFood and Friendship - Photo Credit Local Guides @Inna1, @AngelaViale, @ErmesT, @davide7O

and, at the end, the Connection with @KarenVChin, through a bottle of Pinot Noir "Home Black" from Iron Horse Vineyards. Harvest Date: August 18, 2015, limited production, an interesting wine

Iron Horse 2015 Deer Gate Pinot Noir - photo credit: Local Guide @ErmestIron Horse 2015 Deer Gate Pinot Noir - photo credit: Local Guide @ErmesT

Thanks everyone for the beautiful day one. Recap of day two will be ready soon

Level 9

Hello @ErmesT

Excellent post with perfect photos .

It was wonderful Meet Up .Thank you for mention me in your post.

Connect Moderator

You are welcome, @helga19

I just want to add a note about some Local Guide that was with us in spirit, but wasn't able to join us in person and I missed so much.

@AlejandraMaria, that was on Treviso Wine Meetup 2017

@NatalkaR, the elf of European Meet-up in Krakow, together with @TorM and @LudwigGermany

@DeniGu (we had a virtual "cin-cin" with her through Connect)

Google Moderator

Thank you for sharing this special day with us @AntonellaGr! We're happy to have all of you here, so please keep sharing with the community! 😊

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Gnam, @davidhyno

we can have at least two different recap, about this day:

One about Saint Eustache Abbey, and another about tasting wine and exploring the galleries of the wineyard.

Really a beautiful day