ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: RECAP: Clean The World - Puliamo la spiaggia di Jesolo

Wow.. this is awesome @ErmesT, you did a great job!!!! thank you for the kind words I'm also learning many good things from you 🙂

yes @KarenVChin true, now without myself, they are cleaning the beach 🙂  last week few local guides cleaned the beach with the support of the local community. please check some of their work here 🙂 also now we are thinking of making a machine to produce plastic bricks with those wastes.  @ErmesT what you think about this?

something like this (image from https://www.instructables.com/id/Recycle-Plastic-Into-Giant-Lego/)something like this (image from https://www.instructables.com/id/Recycle-Plastic-Into-Giant-Lego/)

Level 10

It was truly a pleasant day! I took my wife Elena and little Luca and together we did this "treasure hunt" where the treasure was all plastic (and there was really so much!) that you could gather! And all together, alongside them along the beach we were like a big rake and nothing escaped our harvest! We have lightened the beach of many kilos of plastic! I fully share what @ErmesT said: everyone loves to have their own house clean and tidy, and it is good to remember that we are guests of this world and therefore it is our task to clean it up as we ourselves are polluting it more and more!

Here some photos of mine about that special day:

So keep cleaning!

Bye,

David

Connect Moderator

Hope so @AngieYC

taking care of our own place, what in the post I call HOME, is for me the first step.

"Environment" is not a too big word, and the world is not too big, if each one of us start to take of a small piece.

Frequently I read about the fact that "somebody" have to do "something" for this.

Of course, for every big change, an institutional decision is needed, but is the behaviour of everyone of us that can influence this.

This land is your land This land is my land
From California to the New York island;
From the red wood forest to the Gulf Stream waters
This land was made for you and Me

Woody Guthrie -1940

Connect Moderator

This is great, @IlankovanT

as @KashifMisidia said, you moved the stone that provoked the avalanche. a good avalanche, in this care.

You are applying one of the 4R, I see. Recycle, giving new life to something that was polluting the environment, and this is good. My hope is that, in the near future, you will not have any more plastic for producing this beautiful kind of bricks 🙂

Do you know that an Italian company is the first in the world that is producing Bio-bottles? They started to put this kind of bottles in the market 10 years ago.

The bottle's factory is very close to where I live, we will try to interview them

Google Moderator

Hello @ErmesT,

I completely agree with you. That's why I am very happy to see these kinds of movements created from our community, because I am sure it will spread and slowly building the awareness regarding this issue, since we are a global community here on Connect. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Wow that's awesome @ErmesT 😊

Connect Moderator

Grazie @LucioV, anche io sono molto fiero di fare parte di questa community. Poi fare questo tipo di attività, e avere questo feedback, fa sentire molto bene. Lanciare un Meet-up così, e ritrovarsi con 40 persone, fa ben sperare per il futuro, e ci dimostra che, per le cose importanti, le persone si muovono subito

Level 8

@ErmesT Yes this great [Recap] Headlines and I was also noting your Area Sq2 Lenght x Width  LxWsq Total = to a Polygon dimension @ErmesT  my favorite part is adding Google maps coordinates into the equation above, bringing photo Media and Videos into the Map is icing on the cake. A great job deserves a great finish.

Thank you kindly

David Tito

Level 8

@ErmesT Yes this great [Recap] Headlines and I was also noting your Area Sq2 Lenght x Width  LxW sq Total = to a Polygon dimension @ErmesT  my favorite part is adding Google maps coordinates into the equation above, bringing photo Media and Videos into the Map is icing on the cake. A great job deserves a great finish.

Thank you kindly

David Tito

Connect Moderator

Thank you @davidhyno for your photos, and for your words, of course.

Yeahh, a treasure hunt can be the right definition. A treasure hunt where the prize is a better place for living