KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: RECAP: Clean The World - Connect Live 2018 Edition

Thanks @LucioV! We did pick up a lot of trash that morning, which I am surprised because The Presidio has many volunteer groups, much larger than our, coming out on a daily basis picking up trash. Just shows how each of us can make a huge impact in our communities if we are willing to go out and try!

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@HeyJoe, 2019, 2019!

Thanks for your kind words.  What I learned from that morning is that whatever we can do as individuals or collectively as a group will make a difference. You just have to go out and take the chance and do something that you are passionate about!

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

This Meetup was fun @KarenVChin @ErmesT

Our trip to the Presidio highlighted that Maps directions for Public Transit aren't as intuitive as they could be when we had to change bus stops. This was something I was able to contribute during a free time session at Connect with an interested Googler. The directions work really well for a local person who is already familiar with that mode of transit but don't work so well when you don't already know the system.

In Australia we have Clean Up Australia Day where tens of thousands of volunteers work together to clean their local area. There is a regular event once a year but many areas run supplementary events at regular intervals.

It is always good to make a small difference in the cleanliness of the world. Here is an example of an upcoming independent feature film on the topic.

Regards Paul

Level 8

@KarenVChin I just had a shed of little tear then of deep happiness......., reading your comment I am moved very much from your words, its great talented people like you and @ErmesT that encourages me to want to carry on.

Meeting you two is on my first two bucket list of things I most like to do, yes I hope too to be there for next Connect live edition. 

But being selected for the Clean The World #LocalGuides  My maps editor always makes me feel great inside and lol I'm always talking to my friends about you and @ErmesT all the time Thank you @KarenVChin my kindest respects to you   

Level 3

Very proud of you guys, personally could never see my self wasting my time on such an activity. Never stop never stopping.

Level 6

This is really motivating. Well done, Local Guides! 

Cheers,
Zainab!
Connect Moderator

Great write up @KarenVChin and @ErmesT! And great to see all the other Local Guides in the photos too!! 🙂

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 8

@KarenVChin I've added a polygon to the Map I thought it was needed, I've added your meet up illustration as the showcase this one below 

LGCTW  CL18 Edition (1).png

@ErmesT I just had too  🙂

Level 8

Nice..love this...i want join when you go to Indonesia...

Former Google Contributor

No need to thank me, @ErmesT. I may have made an intro, but you all did the heavy lifting!