IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Level 9

[RECAP] Arugambay Night-Walk šŸ“·

I was thinking of hosting a night walk with my fellow local guides for a long time and couldnā€™t do that so far. Finally, I have done one with @DineshKanthA. I was a bit choosy to select a good place for this earlier and then finally decided to go Arugambay where more travelers go for Surfing and several other beach sports since the bay is so smooth and has a very nice scenic view.

Dinesh was only the one who committed to join me for this Night walk. He said sometimes we will have thunderstorm on that night. I anyway took this as a challenge and ran to this meetup. As usual on time we have started the meetup and my instruction to Dinesh was to capture good photos with proper lighting, also taking more time for even one photo was tolerable. Likewise, we started taking photos of restaurants, hotels.

Arugambay Night walk - Dinesh and IlankovanArugambay Night walk - Dinesh and Ilankovan

Arugambay Night WalkArugambay Night Walk

I was teaching Dinesh some techniques of capturing better pictures from his iPad, such as using Grid lines, lightning etc. and he really did a good job. We were granted to some hotels premises (inside) to take pictures of swimming pools, their restaurants etc after introducing ourselves to the management as Local guides volunteers.

Night photography at Arugambay HotelNight photography at Arugambay Hotel

Night Photography at Arugambay HotelNight Photography at Arugambay Hotel

Arugambay is famous for Beach surfing and we have taken some photos of those places too.

Night Photography at Arugambay HotelNight Photography at Arugambay Hotel

The final outcome of this meetup was awesome. Also, we were checking out for some pizza shops to buy pizza and finally ended up having so very Sri Lankan menu ā€œChicken Kottuā€.

Chicken KottuChicken Kottu While it was time to wrap up the meetup, the rain began and we force stopped our meet up, dropped Dinesh at his home and I came back. After reaching my place while on the bed, looking back at the photos, I just couldnā€™t believe my eyes, the photos were really awesome. All those photos have come in good quality and I used my Mobile phone to capture (yes I used my Pixel 2 XL). Thank you, Dinesh for being part of this meetup šŸ˜Š

For more photos, please check this album

Gadgets, Softwares used in this meetup

1. Photos ā€“ Google Pixel 2 XL, iPad Air 2
  2. Photo Editing ā€“ Google Photos, Adobe Photoshop, Snapseed
Arugam Bay, Sri Lanka
16 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: [RECAP] Arugambay Night-Walk šŸ“·

Hello @IlankovanT,

Thank you for sharing this interesting recap. Do you organize such meet-ups often? This one looks so much interesting, I really hope that everyone enjoyed it.

Is Chicken Kottu a famous dish among locals there? Only by looking at it I can feel how delicious it is... :  )

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

nice photo collection and those are relay awesome. The last picture make me hungry. I feel the smell of it.  

plus.google.com/u/0/communities/108877772177547307986">Anuradhapura Local Guides | Sri Lanka Local Guides Facebook Group
Connect Moderator

Fantastic night walk @IlankovanT , 

I think you are doing all walks and meetups before my arrival to Colombo šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Leave some events for me also, I want to meet many of your friends whenever I will be in your city. šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š

Anyways, really impressive photograps captured by you guys. šŸ‘šŸ‘

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Seedra,

Have you ever participated in some of those meet-ups?

Just as a reminder, don't forget when responding to others make sure to tag them (by writing @ before their names) in a post so they can receive notifications that you are communicating with them.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hi @TsekoV, yes I do minimum 2 for a month šŸ™‚ hope you will like those 55 Meet-up's šŸ™‚

Thank you @Seedra we can have it soon then šŸ™‚ it was little spicy šŸ™‚

ha ha ha @KashifMisidia don't worry I can make a new concept when you are here. I love hosting different types of meet-up's šŸ™‚ šŸ™‚

Thank you @davidhyno you got it!! yes some are from Night Sight mode šŸ™‚ I love this option.

Level 6

My 1st night walk/night meetup; loved it šŸ’›

Usually you will be very busy with everyone during meetups; On that day I had more time to do more discussions with you. I saw your photos šŸ˜ really good capture with phone;

1st time something happed as I said... Thunderstorm šŸ˜šŸ˜†

locals said there were many dolphins in the shore on that day ( Evening ) .. we missed to see them. 

Thanks for your time,Photography pro tips and Delicious dinner and dropping me at home sir @IlankovanT

A.Dineshkanth
Level 8

Thank you @TsekoV that't great. it's really useful. 

plus.google.com/u/0/communities/108877772177547307986">Anuradhapura Local Guides | Sri Lanka Local Guides Facebook Group
Level 9

Thank you for your kind words @DineshKanthA šŸ˜Š.

We really missed to see those dolphins.. shall we go Trincomalee to see some dolphins šŸ¬?

We can take a boat and go šŸ‘