IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] Accessibility Meet-up

As planned, I reached the meetup site and when I saw no participants, I didn't want to give up as always and I started the walk capturing places with accessibility. Even though certain places had a very friendly welcome and access to the differently able people, certain places didn't. For instance, certain bank and other commercial buildings didn't have them too. This was really ominous, to see places like these. Also, I'm thinking of ways to get all these places with accessibility available on maps to support differently able people.

11.jpg

Sri Lanka
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] Accessibility Meet-up

Never give up @IlankovanT

Accessibility is a so important subject that a single person meet-up can be a valuable option, if no-one is coming.

Congratulations for the important action

Ermes

Level 9

Yes, I agree with you @ErmesT, only a few people have the courage not to give up even at the critical end 🙂 I have done a few similar meetups like this.

Level 10

@IlankovanT Never give up, and solo meetups (maybe confusing, we can call it Solo Mapping ) is very interesting, I have done it a few time. 

Level 9

Yes true @AnuradhaP. I'm always giving more priority to accessibility related meetups. I have done lots of meetups even without participant's 🤩

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @IlankovanT for your successful Meetup and great intentive. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Thank you very much @NareshDarji 🙂

Level 10

Level 9

Thank you very much @Julien44.