alukohammed's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

RECAP:ACCESSIBLE OGUN

As part of the worldwide Accessibility walks and meet-ups initiated by Emekahouse, local guides in Ogun state set out to find out and update places with accessible trails in the city capital city of the state starting with the Green Legacy Resort with seven other major edifices in categories within the vast amount of land. These includes the car wash, the resort itself (lodge), playground, the cinema, the wildlife park, the bamboo groove, the presidential library and the mosque.

As super excited as I was for this being my first time of hosting a meet-up, I met with other local guides as well as our Abeokuta guide, mrlabule who was at the meet-up venue few minutes before the commencement waiting for others in the Resort unknowingly to him I was also waiting at Bamboo Groove with some new local guides vsquare, Obinna and other new local guides Toyin Popoola,Kabir Alimi and Olatarat discussing accessibility. L-R: Ademola, Olatarat, Hammed, Obinna, VivianL-R: Ademola, Olatarat, Hammed, Obinna, Vivian

Thanks to Google for this great platform!
We commenced with the introduction as mrlabule shed more light on ACCESSIBILITY; concept focuses on enabling access for people with disabilities in public buildings.
We were able to identify wheelchair accessible trails and rails in the resort and there are signs to guide them to the entry and exit.

Wheelchairs entranceWheelchairs entrance

RampRamp

After about 6 hours visiting each of the notable buildings within the resort and climbing the hill, we left the venue to find more accessible places but most of the buildings even along the popular Lalubu in Oke-Ilewo are not wheelchair accessible except some banks and then Dominos Pizza at Ibara bridge, Panseke.
This meet-up lasted for about 8 hours which was originally planned to be just 3 hours as we connected more with each and learnt a lot about using the google maps with much fun and happiness in the face of local guides present. And special thanks to our superb LG @MrLabule @EmekaUlor @Vsquare@Anonymous @U-royFelixA for sincere support and encourages. 
The memorable pictures are found in this link. https://photos.app.goo.gl/HaDcGxGX2HKZ2N2m6

Abeokuta, Nigeria
12 comments
Level 10

Re: RECAP:ACCESSIBLE OGUN

@alukohammed Thank you very much for all the good work and highlighting wheelchair accessibility in Ogun State and its environs. I also want to thank you specially for taking time to share this recap. Well done and keep up the grreat work. 

Level 10

It was such a memorable one and was filled with joy to meet new local guides and had a lot of fun. Thank you so much @alukohammed for bringing us together.

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!
Level 7

Thank you @U-royFelixA

Level 7

Thanks @MrLabule. You are such a wonderful person to hangout with. 

Connect Moderator

Nice recap. I am glad that Ogun Local Guides joined the #WAW meetup.

Looking forward to more meetups from you @alukohammed

Cheers

Level 7

Thanks Accessibility champion @EmekaUlor

Level 8

It's great

Level 7

Thanks @TuhinSir

Level 5

SirMr Aluko, Please we need to talk... You can wrote to me (olalekano43) Nice job. Keep it up