KashifMisidia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[RECAP] 4th Knowledge Sharing Meetup about Google Maps/LGC, Environment and Accessibility

Importance of Wheelchair AccessibilityImportance of Wheelchair Accessibility

Hello Local Guides,
#letsguide , this a most famous trend and hashtag for local guides now a days.We have to implement in our lives so that we must people in every walk of life.
Knowledge Sharing meet up at Lincoln corner was the sequel of this trend.
There we talked about many topics like
How to contribute in Google maps?
How the contribution for Google maps will give benifits to people and the world?
How Google maps positively impacting local businesses?

What is the wheelchair accessiblity campaign , clean the world movement, and importance of plantation? which all are run by many local guides around the world.

I learned alot from local guides connect by my friends and mentors @ErmesT , @IlankovanT , @KarenVChin  @EmekaUlor , and many of other great people, that's why I was able to share my knowledge to attendees which I gain from local guides connect.

Warmly thanks to them.

About Google maps and local guides connect :
Firstly we introduce ourselves, than we started introduction about Google maps and local guides connect. People showed interested because I mentioned in my previous recap post that lots of people use Google maps in thier daily life, but not too cannot contribute to Google maps in proper way.
By projector and slides , we explained them how they can put thier contributions in Google maps to make more comfortable travel for people of the world.
And how can they use local guides connect forum to learn more , for their unanswered questions and problems regarding Google maps.

How to add new places in Google maps.How to add new places in Google maps.Mr Anas : Talking about positive impact of Google maps on local businessesMr Anas : Talking about positive impact of Google maps on local businesses

How Google Maps is one of cause to develop small businesses. :

We explained them in very detail, about positive impacts of Google maps in development of local economy and local businesses. The big example from which they understand easily was online taxi services in all over the world, which is much depend on directions of Google maps.
And the major benifit from Google maps is that , anyone who has physically in business, like small shop, restaurant, Dhabas, factory, office, which they don't have any website or of they cannot manage/afford any webpage, they can also introduce their main dishes or products with timings, pictures, phone numbers and website by "own this business" option. Thanks to Mr M.Anas who was guest but explain this topic more better than me to audience.
Personally I also like to explain people during map editing walks, when people feel curious that why it's important to add thier businesses in Google maps and what benefits they can get by uploading thier informations on it.

Accessiblity :
Now it's time to aware people about matter of wheelchair accessiblity is very important for our society. During meetup, Accessiblity was our main concern to describe. Because here you can rarely see the facilities for wheelchairs users except hospitals, parks and some restaurants, rest of places never care about the people who use wheelchairs to access at any place.

Awareness for wheelchairs Accessible ramps, entrance, seatings, washrooms and elevators is necessary as they are providing thier rest of customers or visitors. 

Still I m learning more by #oneaccessibility project for my furtue meetups and walks.IMG20181107161526.jpg

About Plantation & Clean the world project :
Attendees of the session were amazed when they got to know local guides not only works to improve Google maps but doing some great projects like plantation and project of clean the world for better environment for our mother Earth.

Sahar Kashif, (my daughter) explained in her short speech that why plantation is now need of time to clean our environment. Here in Pakistan when forests are decreasing day by day, why we should plant trees as much as we can.
Beaches and oceans are blessings & treasure from Nature for any country, and for every living thing, clean environment is necessary for everyone. And specially for Marine life, plastic pollution is like a poison, and first we give poison to Marine, and then this returns to us by food which we eat by oceans. So we should avoid throwing plastic bags , waste, plates and other stuff in to the sea, for the sake of Marine life.

Fantastic Result of Lincoln corner meetup:
In this knowledge sharing meetup, we met some Wonderful people, who were enthustic and want to do something for world. So that session was like a way for them, and now three of the great persons are part of the local guides connect and contributors of Google maps. Warmly welcome to @SharjeelS , @ujjan and @naveedurrehman . They are doing now fantastic work in Karachi as local guides and connect members, and we all are working like a team now.

Check  Photo Album for some pictures of our meetup.

And The Video ;

Thank you

Shukriya 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Liaquat Memorial Library, Karachi, Pakistan
32 comments
Level 8

Re: [RECAP] 4th Knowledge Sharing Meetup about Google Maps/LGC, Environment and Accessibility

@KashifMisidia bhai - I'm amazed! Such a wonderful recap, bravo! 
I wish I can arrange more meetups in my hometown, just a little busy but will host soon 😄 
You are the real inspiration and also @MahabubMunna - your work inspires me a lot 

Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] 4th Knowledge Sharing Meetup about Google Maps/LGC, Environment and Accessibility

Thank you @AIMAN_SAEED for your words,

We hope that we can see some great meetups and walks in Islamabad and Rawalpindi which will be host by you .

Shukriya 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Level 9

Thanks @KashifMisidia

For sharing your amazing  recap with us.

Mashaallah everything is great..

Kind regards

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Connect Moderator

Shukran @راضي for your apperciation, inshaAllah in future I have many plans for more meetups, so I can learn more by other great local guides from my country.

Shukriya 🙏

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @davidhyno for your precious words. 🙏

Level 9

Wow!! this is really amazing @KashifMisidia, you did a great job and I'm speechless!

thank you for hosting such a beautiful meetup and educating fellow local guides on accessibility & environmental related things 🙂 🙂

Connect Moderator

absolutely in love with how passionate you are @KashifMisidia bhai.

Very nice post and super nice activity indeed, as always

Level 10

@KashifMisidia Great job bro 👍