غابةا's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: contributing on Google

Hi @Vivek9 Welcome to Connect! If you're new to Local Guides, you can learn more about making contributions to Google Maps to earn your badge within Google Maps by visiting the "Getting Started" section for helpful information. If you're interested in earnings badges here on Local Guides Connect, just keep posting interesting content and interacting with others as badges within Connect are tied to your activity in Connect (as well as within other areas of the Local Guides program).

Please read this post for tips on posting and interacting with the community. 🙂

Local Guides is a volunteer based program, and your involvement is not considered as part of working for Google. There's a small subset of the program that will potentially allow you to earn money through the Trusted Photographer Program. You can learn about it from the following link:

https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

Otherwise, if you're looking for an employment at Google, go to their career website and search for the positions that you're interested in.
https://careers.google.com/

Have a good day

Level 6

if completed level 10

What if any guy or girl commpleted level 10 and google offer jobs is that great from google

Level 10

Re: if completed level 10

Hi @FaizAnsari,

There is no such "level 10 completed" rule.

It's only achievement. Over 200 people achieved that level.

(You can check it in Your profile image => My profile => Badges I've Earned)

Many of them don't care how many points they scored. They are Local Guides not for points or any rewards.

The best reward is to help others.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 10

@FaizAnsari when you finally reached 100,000 points.. you can keep contributing to help everyone, by going to 110,000... 120,000... 200,000.. and on and on.. At this moment, Level 10 cannot be "completed", and the answer is no, even if we reach 1,000,000 (1 million points), Google does not offer us a job..

For that, you need to apply yourself at https://www.google.com/about/careers/ and you don't need any Local Guides points to apply for a job in Google.

Hope this helps.

Level 8

Hi @FaizAnsari This is a volunteer program, there isn't a direct financial gain to it. Sometimes there could be small perks given just to encourage us along the way, but that shouldn't be taken as a financial gain, as it's usually quite small.  Please be informed that there is no payment or being an LG is not job.

As a Local Guide, you earn points for sharing reviews, photos, and knowledge on Google Maps. Those points lead to higher levels of the program, as well as benefits like early access to Google features and special perks from partners. Perks and benefits for the Local Guides program are always changing.  Benefits like invites to special events are made available to our high quality and actively contributing Local Guides. Here is a review of our points system

To make sure you are in the know on future updates, please ensure your email-settings are set to receive updates on 'Perks' and 'News & Product Updates'

Reagrds,

Jagadeesh reddy.

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 7

Re: Photos

You cannot get money from local guideness but if you upload many photos than once you tick-marked by google with the symbol of trusted photographer than you have too many chances to hire from someone.

Level 6

Re: Can I earn money from being a Local Guide ?

There is no money. You can only contribute to saisfy yourself and you can enjoy when google mail you "you have 3.4k views on your photos" like that but if you want money then you must go outside your home and help others in finding place or guide them as a proper guider hope you understand 

Level 9

Re: Can I earn money from being a Local Guide ?

You can't earn Money, You get Points, (feel this is just like charity work)

Level 4

Question

What do we earn from local guides? Can anyone explain?

Connect Moderator

Re: Question

Hello @Keshav-_-R7

This is volunteer based program and Google doesn't pay for our contribution. As a Local Guides we help millions of people virtually. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.