BabuH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Quality

When posting photographs is there a restriction on number of photographs ?

Singapore
5 comments
Level 8

Re: Quality

Hi @BabuH,

There is no Restrictions on posting the number of images, just an information that even if you add 30 photos of same place you will be given 1 point.

Thanks !

Level 10

Re: Quality: number of photos

Hello BabuH

You ask a very interesting question, I have posted 54 photos of the "gare des chantiers in Versailles", one of the largest train station in France. I wonder whether I should keep on adding photos. I am fully aware, as YashG replied to you, that I do not win any point for these photos and indeed I have to pay for the storage. So it cost me money and time to manage these photos.

The reason why I keep on adding photos is that some of the new photos that I add get a lot of views, so I assume that they are useful for the people looking at the photos. This station is a huge work in progress  with several hundreds millions dollars being invested in the transformation of the station. There is no reliable map of the station, it is really a work in progress. The Google satellite view is obsolete. There is a huge new hall 2 that is not on any map.

That may explain why people are interested in the photos of this place. Also, these photos may have an interest as they allow to keep a record of the transformation of the station.

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Hi @BabuH, I think your question need to be better explained. Are you talking about photos in Google Maps, or about photos in Connect?

• For the photos in Maps there is no limit and, as @JeanRV and @Yash clarified, the photos are stored in your space in Drive. In any case, you will get 1 point for place, it doesn't matter how many photos you post.
  • For the photos in Connect, there is a limit in the total number of photos posted, this number is 1000 photos, and there is a limit in the size of each photo, this limit is 3MByte. The indications is to try to limit at 2-3 photos per post. If you want to share a lot of photos in Connect (we already talk about this, do you remember?) the suggestion is to create an album (E.G. in Google Photo) and to share the link to the album

Now, just a tip: when you prepare a post, please give a descriptive title, so we can understand the content of the post.

Thanks for your question

Level 9

Hi, 

I never mean to support or disagree with any one and I never post lot of high resolution photographs, hence no need to vouch.

Regards,

Level 10

Re: Quality; resolution and number of photos to upload for a location on Google Maps

Hello,

Thanks  BabuH and ermest for your replies.

@BabuH, I wrote "You ask a very interesting question", I did not make any assumption on the number of or on the resolution of the photos you post. 

@ermest, thanks for your answer on the upload of photos in connect. I have changed the title of the subject of this reply as per your advice ("Now, just a tip: when you prepare a post, please give a descriptive title, so we can understand the content of the post") .

About photo resolution, with its free storage policy, Google provide an incentive to upload photo in high quality rather tha.... I choose original quality because I value my time and the quality of my photos. Despite my choice, Google sometime creates duplicate of my photos with a reduced file size. It has become an issue for me, so I would like to have more information on that subject so that I either change my mind and switch to "high quality" storage or request Google to replace all the duplicates they have created with the original photo.

About the number of photos for a location on Google Maps, do you have any indication on a suggestion for the number of photos. As of today (27 April 2017, I have an average of 2.78 photos par location) but I have many more photos on some place like Gare des chantiers. I have been pestered by Google to add more photos on some places where I had already uploaded many photos.

Cheers