Ashok_morbi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Pushkar fair -2018

The Pushkar Fair is one of the most attractive festivals in Rajasthan. ... The Pushkar Camel Fair was started to attract the local camel and cattle traders for a business meeting during the holy Kartik Purnima festival. FB_IMG_1542444842558.jpg

FB_IMG_1542444855266.jpg

FB_IMG_1542444850079.jpg

FB_IMG_1542444860355.jpg

FB_IMG_1542444852851.jpg

FB_IMG_1542444855266.jpg

Pushkar Camel Fair, Kapas Hera Extension, Kapashera, New Delhi, Delhi, India
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Pushkar fair -2018

@Ashok_morbi nice photos! It's interesting to see this kind of business meetings.

Thank you for sharing!

Level 10

Pushkar camel fair -2018

FB_IMG_1542604600952.jpg

FB_IMG_1542604603171.jpg

FB_IMG_1542604614753.jpg

FB_IMG_1542604618090.jpg

FB_IMG_1542604620169.jpg

FB_IMG_1542604628134.jpg

FB_IMG_1542604607648.jpg

FB_IMG_1542604605486.jpg

FB_IMG_1542604628134.jpg

Level 8

Re: Pushkar camel fair -2018

Thanks for sharing . One of the best fair in India

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Ashok_morbi,

Interesting kind of business meetings as @Jesi also says. Thank you for letting us learn how this happens in your region.

Can you please tell us more about the Kartik Purnima festival? What else can be seen during this event?

By the way I've merged your Pushkar camel fair -2018 post to this, because it covers the same topic like the current one.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Nice photography and nice work.  After watching ur photo i m very exited for my next trip. Great work.. Keep posting

Level 10

The Pushkar Fair, also called the Pushkar Camel Fairor locally as Kartik Mela or Pushkar ka Mela is an annual multi-day livestock fair and cultural fête held in the town of Pushkar (RajasthanIndia). The fair starts with the Hindu calendar month of Kartik and ends on the Kartik Purnima, which typically overlaps with late October and early November in the Gregorian calendar. In 1998, over 1 million visitors came to Pushkar throughout the year. The Pushkar fair alone attracts over 200,000 visitors

The Pushkar fair is one of India's largest camel, horse and cattle fairs. Apart from the trading of livestock, it is an important pilgrimage season for Hindus to the Pushkar lake. Pushkar fair has also become a significant tourist attraction for domestic and international travelers, given the cooler season, the abundance of colorful cultural themes. Cultural events and competitions include dances, tug of war between women teams as well as men teams, the "matka phod", "longest moustache" competition, "bridal competition", camel races and others.

Thousands of people go to the banks of the Pushkar Lake where the fair takes place. Men trade their livestock, which includes camels, horses, cows, sheep and goats. Rural families shop at the handicraft stalls full of bracelets, clothes, textiles and fabrics. A camel race starts off the festival, with music, songs and exhibitions to follow. Between these events, the most waited for is the test of how the camel is able to bring the items. In order to demonstrate, the men go up on the group of camels one after another.[

Connect Moderator

That's really beautiful picture @Ashok_morbi

Thanks for sharing!

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Former Google Contributor

Thank you @Ashok_morbi,

for the additional information you've added.

It now seems even more attractive and interesting. It is worth to be visited. My favorite part are the competitions.

By the way you could edit your main post and add this information to it. This way it will be even more appreciated.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!