NunungAfuah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Proud to be Indonesia Local Guides: highlights from 2017

Hello Local Guides!

The year has been reaching out to the end and we prepare to get ready in a new brand year! A lot of stories of becoming a Local Guide and I am the one who proud to be. As part of this global community, I try to give you Indonesia Local Guides highlight in 2017 (disclaimer: Since it is not made by any Google Moderator, as India highlights, any subjectivity may be found. Therefore, I am pleased to clarify any irrelevant information)

First, as the spread of Local Guides community in Indonesia began for reminding International Volunter Day 2016, in Malang, SidoarjoKediri, Tulungagung and Blitar, Local Guides has impacted a greater aspect of Indonesian community as well in the beginning of this year, 2017.

Indonesia Local Guides (photo by Jaenal)Indonesia Local Guides (photo by Jaenal)Region Local Guides Arise

Many Cities in Indonesia try to organize community by the rising of its amazing owner, Batu Local Guides for example. They have very unique characteristics of Local Guides members that consist of very great family members, a couple of father(s) and mother(s). They have very high motivation to do geowalk. It is followed by another cities, like Blitar, Yogyakarta, Lampung, Kediri, Magelang, and many cities around. The big cities such as Jakarta, Bandung, Surabaya, Batu and Malang are considered as cities never sleep to do meet up(s)!

Meet up! Meet up(s)!

The meet up(s) become a little bit trend to many cities. As its growing members, it is not difficult to have a friend in many cities in Indonesia. You may tell us by asking, "hello local guides, I will visit Jakarta," for example. The response is amazing. They will prepare everything to welcome you. As @Shirley has a good time in Surabaya (this last November) Shirley had fun with Surabaya Local GuidesShirley had fun with Surabaya Local Guides

Before that, we have @JulienH in Jakarta. Our first connect moderator @iyudhi visited many cities, such as Batu, Surabaya, Semarang, and Jakarta, his hometown (Ivan is everywhere! LOL). Julien welcoming meet up with Jakarta Local Guides (photo by JLG)Julien welcoming meet up with Jakarta Local Guides (photo by JLG)This tradition is not only for welcoming another global Local Guides but also whoever Indonesia Local Guides who come to another Indonesia Local Guides cities. Therefore, if you have a plan to visit Indonesia next year, let us know by post it in our Bahasa board. It will be great experience for us for welcoming you!

Talking about meet up, we consider to the need of big meet up for our huge community members. On August 2017, our National meet up hold in Batu. It is wonderful to meet another local guides around Indonesia in one place: Meet Up Nusantara.

The national meet up was initiated before October, 2017, since Indonesia Local Guides may discuss the potential issues to bring in #lgsummit2017. It was very big news for us knowing that 5 Indonesia Local guides attendees that "most wanted" event of the year. Here , @BudionoS speaks his feeling towards #lgsummit17.

Red and white flag of Indonesia in the front line of #bestsummitever (photo by Google)Red and white flag of Indonesia in the front line of #bestsummitever (photo by Google)During this year, the official meet up(s) are Map Your World in Bandung, and Surabaya Geowalk for accessibility. The campaign of accessibility has been noticed as the "challenging" activity in Indonesia since the awareness of its campaign still growing.Bandung Local Guides join the campaign of accessibilityBandung Local Guides join the campaign of accessibilityWhen it comes to perks, Indonesia Local Guides are glad to tell how wonderful to be part of this community is. The online driving voucher, hotel voucher, shopping voucher, redBus, we guess that, of course, a lot of perks in 2018.

Indonesia Local Guides with their differences background never stop to try to be good Local Guides by always sharing (of course) in our unofficial group chat, "what is the pictures to be uploaded, what makes an editing place be approved, how to report photos spam", for examples. The interesting part is somehow we have a tradition for making sure that we talk with the right person, we ask a screen capture of Google maps contributions. It is a ticket to enter any discussion. Pardon us to do this 🙂What level are you now? :)What level are you now? 🙂

To give you a glance view of our meet up(s), the short Video of Indonesia Highlight is made by Jakarta Local Guides @RahmatHarmanP.

Those are the highlights of Indonesia Local Guides. For me, this community is more like a family. As we stand in the same community (i.e. Local Guides), we can be friend no matter the differences are. We never be tired  (never ever!) try to map our world for a better place to live. I am proud to be Indonesia Local Guides, to be Local Guides. Finally, Merry Christmas to all Local Guides who celebrate it and let's welcome our brand new year, 2018. 

PS: Don't miss to read this 🙂

Terimakasih.

Indonesia Local Guides
Indonesia
54 comments
Level 9

Re: Proud to be Indonesia Local Guides: highlights from 2017

Hey @NunungAfuah! Wow, thanks for sharing your review of your 2017 as a Local Guide! It gives us a glimpse into what others are doing in their community and always interesting to see different perspectives. It looks like it has been a great year for you and many Indonesian cities.

And yes, I had the opportunity to visit your country last month and had a wonderful time eating my way through Surabaya! Thanks to @BudionoS, Fahmi (issues taggin) and of course the rest of the Local Guides in Surabaya.

Here we are enjoying some delicious skewers! 

Enjoying skewers! So good!Enjoying skewers! So good!

It was great to meet you during #LGSummit17! Hopefully I'll return sooner than later! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Connect Moderator

woaa.. that Satay looks so tempting @Shirley. Hopefuly, we will meet again next year with a bunch of "woman talks" of course! 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 10

Wohoowww nice highlights @NunungAfuah you remembered everything! hahaha.. Nice video as well made by @RahmatHarmanP very clearly shows how is Local Guides in Indonesia grows in its own ways..

Thank you also for featuring 2 of my post, about Local Guides Summit 2017 and Worldwide Food Crawl Meet-Up.

@Shirley thanks for your visit to Surabaya. We failed to go to some places, and we will make it again next year, but please come not in wet season kwwwkw... (FYI, kwkwkwwkw = LOL)

Special thanks to @BellaWi for your visit to Surabaya on behalf of Google to held an official meet-up of accessibility and food crawl too at Sate Kelopo Ondomohen.

Bye 2017, Welcome 2018

Connect Moderator

Yes I remember everything mas @BudionoS! I want to add more pictures and experiences but my connection is not really stable right now, so sad. It was so great meet you in a person before, during, and after summit (did we meet after summit? Well, I forgot this one LOL).

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 10

Not yet, and we have to! Whwhwwhw....

@NunungAfuah wrote:

Yes I remember everything mas @BudionoS! I want to add more pictures and experiences but my connection is not really stable right now, so sad. It was so great meet you in a person before, during, and after summit (did we meet after summit? Well, I forgot this one LOL).

Connect Moderator

Hi @NunungAfuah

I'm so happy to read this post about the wonderful Indonesian community. I hope to be able to visit your wonderful country, as I have an important customer in Kediri and Surabaya, and I am running a lot of work in there. 

You were probably the first LG I met at Lgsummit2017.

I wish you all the best for a wonderful 2018. 

2017 was the year for growing up, hopefully 2018 will be the year of the maturity for all the community.

Hope to see you soon 

Ermes 

Level 9

Wohooooo Thanks for this best recap @NunungAfuah

Greeting from Lombok Island 

Free Dive In LombokFree Dive In Lombok

Connect Moderator

Yes @ErmesT, I remember we met in the hotel lobby that night. Kediri is an hour only from my house. Hopefuly, I can see you soon 🙂

Nice picture with a great t-shirt @FahmiAdimara. 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Connect Moderator

Thanks for the great recap @NunungAfuah 🙂 2017 was indeed a great year for Indonesian Local Guides. I really appreciate that fact that I was able to meet with Local Guides whenever I visited several cities in Indonesia this year. Definitely made my trip a LOT more memorable!

However, I'd like to point out one thing. When Local Guides are visiting others in different cities/countries, we generally are not expecting big celebrations or excessive welcome, so there's no need to really go out of the way to prepare (not more than usual, anyway). Sometimes a quick chat at a traditional coffee shop (or ketan shop? :p) speaks more volume than a big elaborate photo walk / food crawl, etc.

With that said, I'm really hoping to explore more cities in Indonesia in the near future and to meet more Local Guides. I'm thinking of going back again during next year's Asian Games (my parents' house is next to the basketball venue). Any Local Guides in Palembang? 😛