RogerW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Promised gift

Where is the gift which was offered when I started using a lot of my time to build Google  maps? 

5 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Promised gift

There's no specific gift program apart from the 100GB storage offer at Level 4. There were some tee shirts last year but it wasn't promised to repeat

Connect Moderator

@RogerW I'm afraid @Pea is right. Gifts are offered from time to time, they don't necessarily happen every year.  One thing LG can get for you is a trip to the Summit. I went this year and it was an amazing experience to meet all the people behind the LG program along with 75 other Local Guides from around the world. Most of us are still talking to each other.

Regards

Paul

Level 9
Level 9

@PaulP wrote:

One thing LG can get for you is a trip to the Summit.

That's a bit like saying, one thing buying a lottery ticket can get you is a riches. It's true but unlikely. A lot more people apply to go to Summits than can actually go. An LG looking for gifts would be better to set their sights on a t shirt than a top summit, There's always hope though!

Level 7

When I started the local guides program the gift was promised.  I contributed a lot of hours to google. They have reneged on the promise.  NOT GOOD.  I'm done providing free serviced to build google.  I hope others open their eyes and stop too.

Level 7

Ridiculous comment.  Doesn't address googles offer to me when I started the LG program.