shovan_bd's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Probability of getting selected for the Califonia event

I am a level 7 local guide. What is the probability of getting chance or getting selected and getting invited in the Califonia Event from Bangladesh. I had been trying my best to reach level 7, but i lost my inspiration whenever i noticed only 1 person may get chance from Bangladesh although the event is open for 150 people around the globe.

Dhaka, Bangladesh
7 comments
Level 7

Re: Probability of getting selected for the Califonia event

are you sure that only one person will be selected from Bangladesh?

Level 9

Hi @shovan_bd and @RayhanKhoka:

The selection is not based on country. The application asks for country information as it would be useful for travel arrangements if you're selected to attend the event.

Last year, three people from Bangladesh were present at the summit: @SoniaK @PavelSarwar @MahabubMunna

Perhaps they can share some of their experiences with you.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 8

@shovan_bd bro may i know who said you, per person from per country? u know, last year 6 person selected from Bangladesh.

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Connect Moderator

Hi @shovan_bd, there is no such limit for how many persons will be selected from each country. More than one person can be selected from a country, and there might be even none selected from another country. Google never shared the selection criteria with us. So don't get demoralized or disappointed for any rumors about selection unless you hear from the Local Guides team. Sometimes, even if someone is selected, they can't make it to the summit finally for visa issue.  As @Shirley mentioned, last year we were three of us to attend the summit, whereas there were 6 of us selected. And trust me, none of us was better than the other one. Have patience while you contribute to maps and Connecting, you will get to know in a month or so if you are selected for Connect Live or not. But please remember one thing, if you are not selected, that doesn't mean you are any less than other Local Guides, who are selected.

Level 8

Level 8

Keep positive and good luck to everyone!   Hope to see you there in October

Connect Moderator

Hi @shovan_bd it isn't possible to give you any particular probability because the Googlers don't reveal how many applications they get nor do they ever release how they actually choose.

What I can tell you for sure is that at each of the last two events there was an extremely wide variety of cultures, races, religions, etc. present from many countries around the world where Local Guides are active. This tells me that the Googlers don't look for any one particular trait or type of person and instead look for the contributions from the person. Everyone there has made good positive contributions on Maps and exhibits the Core Values of Connect when interacting here. 

If you're lucky enough to be chosen you can look forward to an excellent event which is run as smoothly as possible by the Googlers for you. They work extremely hard during the event and drain themselves completely - all so we can have the best time possible.

Good luck with your application 🙂

Regards Paul