ChiepSophy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Prasat Banteay Srei Temple- The Citadel of the women

ប្រាសាទបន្ទាយស្រី  Entrant Banteay Srey Templeប្រាសាទបន្ទាយស្រី Entrant Banteay Srey Templeប្រាសាទបន្ទាយស្រី  Banteay Srey Templeប្រាសាទបន្ទាយស្រី Banteay Srey Templeប្រាសាទបន្ទាយស្រី  Banteay Srey Templeប្រាសាទបន្ទាយស្រី Banteay Srey Templeប្រាសាទបន្ទាយស្រី  Banteay Srey Templeប្រាសាទបន្ទាយស្រី Banteay Srey Templeប្រាសាទបន្ទាយស្រី  Banteay Srey Templeប្រាសាទបន្ទាយស្រី Banteay Srey Templeប្រាសាទបន្ទាយស្រី  Banteay Srey Templeប្រាសាទបន្ទាយស្រី Banteay Srey Temple

The roads have been recently repaired and it takes about 30 minutes from Siem Reap to get to the temple. To reach Banteay Srei, follow the main road north out of Siem Reap, turn right at Angkor Wat and follow the road to Srah Srang where you turn right past Pre Rup.

At the East Mebon there is a check post where you need to obtain clearnce. Turn right again at the road before the East Mebon; pass through the village of Phoum Pradak, where there is a junctions (if you continue straight, after about 5 minutes, you will reach Banteay Samre. At this point, you come to a fork; take the road on the left and follow it to Batneay Srei which you will reach shortly after crossing two rivers - on your left hand side.

Banteay Srei is an exquisite miniature; a fairy palace in the heart of an immense and mysterious forest; the very thing that Grimm delighted to imagine, and that every child's heart has yearned after, but which mature years has sadly proved too lovely to be true. And here it is, in the Cambodian forest at Banteay Srei, carved not out of the stuff that dreams are made of, but of solid sandstone.

Location: 25 kilometers (15.5 miles) north-east of East Mebon 
Access: enter and leave the temple by the east entrance 
Date: second half of the 10th century (967) 
King: Rajendravarman II (reigned 944-968) and Jayavarman V (reigned 968-1001) 
Religion: Hindu (dedicated to Shiva)
Art style: Banteay Srei

Sophy
Banteay Srei, Siem Reap, Cambodia
5 comments
Level 2

Re: Prasat Banteay Srei Temple- The Citadel of the women

Wow Amazing Area Good Job

Former Google Contributor

Wow thanks so much for sharing these photos @ChiepSophy!

I've been really fascinated with visiting Cambodia and I appreciate your information. Is it easy to travel there? Any other advice you have, would be of great help. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @DanniS

Yes it is very easy to travel by Tuk Tuk, Car, or motor. i hope you will visit once time. 

Sophy
Former Google Contributor

What was your favorite experience about this place? @ChiepSophy

Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator