Fructy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Postcards from Summit2017

I sent one to my boss at work.  He got it last Wednesday the 8th.  It left San Francisco and traveled to Oakland a total of 12 miles.  I didn't look at the day it was posted though or where it was mailed out of.

Connect Moderator

You sent it to your boss, @Twister411! Really! That's wonderful!

They were making faces when they heard me sending it to my brother (as most of them must have sent it to their spouses/ boyfriends/ girlfriends). I can imagine how they must have had made face if they heard you sending it to boss. 😛

Level 9

@SoniaK@ My boss thought the post card was funny.  We have a good team at work and they let me have the time off for the summit with a few days notice and I was already gone from the office in a work trip the week before.     This what he got.  

Screenshot_20171116-142352.jpg

Googler

Love it, @Fructy@ShirleyY sent me one that I got last week.

@SoniaK Postcards were sent and in some cases, it can take up to two months for a postcard to ship from the United States to other countries. Unfortunately, some postcards from last year never made it to some destinations due to the postal services in various countries that touch the mail not handling it properly or, in some cases, the postcards not being addressed properly but I hand delivered all of the postcards to our mailroom in NYC who shipped them out with care. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

That is so nice of you @TraciC. I could imagine the service was extra ordinary, but I did not think it would be upto that extend that you had to hand deliver so many cards to the post office. Once gain, you and your entire team earned my respect.

I know the postal service in our country is still a little backdated. But I made my previous comment sarcastically, trying not to admit the fact about our own fault. (I sent postcard to my brother from my last visit to SF as well, back it 2013. And it never reached his desk.) I know you and your team take care of every small details with care. I have seen that in person. I have no complaint about your intention or quality of services. I just didn't feel like admitting our own country's fault in handling such important tool called 'letters'. Please excuse my silly sarcasm. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @Twister411, your team and your boss must be happy to have such an employee in the group, who doesn't forget them even while being in the Local Guide Summit. That's really wonderful! Keep it up.

Level 10

@Fructy wrote:

Today I recieved the postcard that my husband @Andras_H  sent me from Summit 2017. ❤😃

20171110_131404.jpg

Upload a picture about your postcard too! 

Nice to see! Thanks for sharing! I'd love to receive one! 🙂

Level 10

@Twister411 wrote:

@SoniaK@ My boss thought the post card was funny.  We have a good team at work and they let me have the time off for the summit with a few days notice and I was already gone from the office in a work trip the week before.     This what he got.  

Screenshot_20171116-142352.jpg

You were so lucky.

I cannot attend the summit, my boss refused to give me free days, and i was thinking about resign from work.

And I had absolutely NOTHING to do, during these days; just sitting in my chair, in front of my screen, looking at your wonderful experience.

So bad.

Level 9

@LucioV@  My bosses are really great.   They're really happy when we can have these experiences like the summit.   I still was working at night when I got home and only had 1 work call on the last day at lunch time and a few text here and there.   Luckily all non emergency stuff that could wait until I got back to the office. 

@SoniaK we all get along really well.   And you do have to earn your rights here though hard work.   If you dint get your work done it would definitely be a different story. 

Googler
Solution

@SoniaK I wasn't insulted at all, don't you worry. I get incredibly sad when postcards or small pieces of mail don't make it to their destination. Then I think about how small things sometimes get lost. 😞

Here's my postcard:

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 9.26.21 AM.png

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.