cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Post your dream place with an amazing photo

Nice place Awesome views 

@dbateserwrote:

Looking forward to spring, summer and fall.

Level 8

Le ladakh kulu manali , this places are very beautiful 

@SoniaKwrote:

Oh @KarenVChin, you know me so well! I have quite a huge list for my dream places that sometimes I wonder if I ever will be able to visit them in my lifetime. May be I will have to take rebirth to visit these places.

Here goes a short glimpse of my list:

Ladakh, India: I have already visited this place once. But I want to go there again and stay there for at least a week.

New Zealand: not sure why, but this country keeps on calling me all the time. My travel will never end until I visit this land.

Alaska and Colorado, USA: I want to ski there and do rafting and fishing and (the list goes on)

Nepal: I have been to just a small part of Nepal. I never dreamt of conquering the mighty mountain, but I want to do trekking there again. And this time, with full preparation. (Last time I was not well prepared and I fell sick at high altitude)

Spain and Portugal: I want to do backpacking tour. Starting from Lisbon and end the journey in Barcelona by hitchhiking. 

Norway/ Finland: to see the Northern Aurora.

Turkey and Greece: to do hot air balloon, in addition to many other explorations. 

Jordan: to float on the dead sea

Antarctica: for obvious reason.....to see the igloos and Eskimos. 🙂

Connect Moderator

@SoniaK,

All great choices. But for Antarctica, there are no igloos or eskimos (that’s Alaska): but plenty of penguins 🐧 and seals. @FaridTDF has provided great insights about Antarctica because he actually lives closest to it than anyone I know here on Connect. Just one of the many great reasons to know Farid!

Cheers,

Karen

@SoniaK wrote:

Oh @KarenVChin, you know me so well! I have quite a huge list for my dream places that sometimes I wonder if I ever will be able to visit them in my lifetime. May be I will have to take rebirth to visit these places.

Here goes a short glimpse of my list:

Ladakh, India: I have already visited this place once. But I want to go there again and stay there for at least a week.

New Zealand: not sure why, but this country keeps on calling me all the time. My travel will never end until I visit this land.

Alaska and Colorado, USA: I want to ski there and do rafting and fishing and (the list goes on)

Nepal: I have been to just a small part of Nepal. I never dreamt of conquering the mighty mountain, but I want to do trekking there again. And this time, with full preparation. (Last time I was not well prepared and I fell sick at high altitude)

Spain and Portugal: I want to do backpacking tour. Starting from Lisbon and end the journey in Barcelona by hitchhiking. 

Norway/ Finland: to see the Northern Aurora.

Turkey and Greece: to do hot air balloon, in addition to many other explorations. 

Jordan: to float on the dead sea

Antarctica: for obvious reason.....to see the igloos and Eskimos. 🙂

Connect Moderator

Oh yes, @KarenVChin, penguins and seals (how could I forget them, I have been dreaming of going to Antarctica for them as well ever since I have watched Happy Feet Two)

@FaridTDF, I never knew that Argentina had penguins too, until I read Karen's post on you. Even though I am dreaming of going to Antarctica, I doubt I will be able to make it or not. My greatest enemy is the cold. If I can't make it to Antarctica, I will probably end up going to Tierra del Fuego. And you will be my local guide there to help me see the penguins. I remember back in school we had a story on the penguins where the author described the penguins as Gentlemen with blue coat. I want to see those gentlemen from a closer look. 🙂

Connect Moderator

Eres bien venida ha acer el recorrido por la Antártida @SoniaK, es un poco caro 🙁 pero se puede hacer, saliendo desde Ushuaia el recorrido de 10 días en barco sale aproximadamente U$S 7,000.00 y es en el verano austral, meses desde octubre a marzo. 

Pero no hay que desesperar jajaja 😀 hay muchos lugares aparte de la Antártida en la Tierra del Fuego para visitar, fíjate en los hilos que realice sobre la TDF y podrás ver alguno de ellos.

El pingüino al que te refieres es el pingüino rey que solo está en la Antártida y las Islas Malvinas 🇦🇷 es muy alto y hermoso. Y cuenta con migo para que vis9temos todos esos lugares la Tierra del Fuego es muy hermosa, para mi el mejor lugar del mundo jajaja ☺️, te comparto algunas fotos de por aquí.

Pingüino magallánico en UshuaiaPingüino magallánico en Ushuaia

Cormoranes y lobos marinos en isla NavarinoCormoranes y lobos marinos en isla Navarino

Pingüino cambiando plumaje en migración en Río GrandePingüino cambiando plumaje en migración en Río Grande

Bahía de UshuaiaBahía de Ushuaia

31375AFA-C49C-4B8B-A595-AE769E1EA8C0.jpeg

Saludos Farid

🤚👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Level 5

Regent In Tahiti .. What a way to goRegent In Tahiti .. What a way to go

Level 8

Wow nice place , thanks for posting 

Connect Moderator

WHAT!!! 

S E V E N T H O U S A N D D O L L A R S!!! That's crazily expensive, @FaridTDF. If I can save $7,000 I will probably make a plan for world tour instead. 😛

But your photos are amazing! I hope one day I can go and meet those tiny little gentlemen in blue coat. (I had no idea earlier that penguins were so small) How tall are they usually?

Connect Moderator

Si es verdad @SoniaK, es un poco caro ir a la Antártida 🇦🇶, pero bien vale cada dólar invertido en belleza, como sea yo también lo estoy pensando antes de gastar toda esa plata jejejej 😬.

los pingüinos en general los hay de varias alturas el más alto de todos es el pingüino rey o imperial mide más o menos un metro 15 cm, los demás son más pequeños.

saludos Farid