KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Post-Connect Live 2018: 2nd Annual Sailing the SF Bay Meetup

Caption: Connect Live 2018 Local Guides attendees having fun sailing in the San Francisco Bay, October 19, 2018. Photo:  Switzerland Local Guide @meshworxCaption: Connect Live 2018 Local Guides attendees having fun sailing in the San Francisco Bay, October 19, 2018. Photo: Switzerland Local Guide @meshworx

One of the many memorable, fun things to do in San Francisco is to go sailing on a sailboat in the San Francisco Bay. There is nothing like it! Gliding across The Bay with fresh wind blowing through your hair, you can see the iconic Golden Gate Bridge with the Pacific Ocean at a distance, Alcatraz Island, and the San Francisco skyline, including Pier 39.

1st time sailing around the San Francisco Bay, LGSummit17. Photo: @karenvchin1st time sailing around the San Francisco Bay, LGSummit17. Photo: @KarenVChin

During the Friday afternoon after Local Guides Summit 2017 ended, I hosted for the first time a "Sail the San Francisco Bay" Meetup to give 35 LGSummit17 attendees the opportunity to go on a sailboat and experience what sailing is like around The Bay for 90 minutes. 

Starting with a group lunch of eating Boudin Bakery's famous clam chowder sourdough bread bowls, then walking over to Pier 39 to catch our private charter sailboat, we had so much fun that I wanted to set up this Sailing Tour meetup again as soon I received my Connect Live 2018 invitation.Caption: Connect Live 2018 Local Guides attendees eating lunch at Boudin Bakery in Fisherman's Wharf before our group sail tour, October 19, 2018Caption: Connect Live 2018 Local Guides attendees eating lunch at Boudin Bakery in Fisherman's Wharf before our group sail tour, October 19, 2018

I wanted to pick the same day and same 90-minute Sail Tour with the same Sailing Tour company - The San Francisco Sailing Company - for the Friday, October 19th, 2018 2 pm Tour with the same 36 passengers sailboat, the Santa Maria, because the 2017 meetup was so much fun. Caption: Our private charter 36-passenger sailboat, the Santa Maria waiting for us to board, October 19, 2018. Photo: Bangladesh Local Guide @MahabubMunnaCaption: Our private charter 36-passenger sailboat, the Santa Maria waiting for us to board, October 19, 2018. Photo: Bangladesh Local Guide @MahabubMunna

This shared 650+ Google Photos album consists of photos, 360s, and videos from some of the 36 Connect Live 2018 Local Guides attendees who paid for their Sail the SF Bay tickets to attend my 2nd Annual "Powered by us, Local Guides" meetup. The images you see in here are from their individual viewpoints of that beautiful, sunny October afternoon.

Caption: Breathtaking view of "The City by the Bay,"  San Francisco, October 19, 2018. Photo: Nigeria Local Guide @SanyaOdareCaption: Breathtaking view of "The City by the Bay," San Francisco, October 19, 2018. Photo: Nigeria Local Guide @SanyaOdare

To give you a feel of what it was like to go sailing with us in the San Francisco Bay, I created a YouTube video with a curated compilation of meetup photos and video clips (NOTE: There is music!) from our shared Google Photos album: 

Want to have your own Sailing the San Francisco Bay afternoon? Please read my Local Guides reviews:

Caption: 2nd Annual Sailing the San Francisco Bay Group Meetup Selfie at Pier 39 Dock C, October 19, 2018. Photo: Sri Lanka Local Guide & Connect Moderator @IlankovanTCaption: 2nd Annual Sailing the San Francisco Bay Group Meetup Selfie at Pier 39 Dock C, October 19, 2018. Photo: Sri Lanka Local Guide & Connect Moderator @IlankovanT

Stay Tuned 

I will be setting up the 3rd Annual "Sailing the San Francisco Bay" Local Guides Meetup again in 2019

Cheers,

Karen

San Francisco Bay, California, USA
42 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Post-Connect Live 2018: 2nd Annual Sailing the SF Bay Meetup

Thank you @KarenVChin for organising the Sailing tour after Connect Live, one of the best activity, on a beautiful Friday

It was funny, and the smiles on the photo will confirm it for sure. It is a quite big Gif, so be patient as it need time to load. Here is the direct link to the Gif

I will comment more, later today, but I wanted to let you know that you made my day, with your post

Level 10

thanks a lot Captain @KarenVChin  for share our awesome sailing trip .

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

Level 10

@KarenVChin  I missed this!!!

Thank you for recap sound really interesting and fun!

Connect Moderator

Son muchos los recuerdos que tengo atesorados en mi mente @KarenVChin , pero este es muy especial, por varios motivos, primero está la primera vez que viajaba en velero, los compañero.  de viaje fueron estupendos, me divertí muchísimo. Sentir el viento en la cara mientras el velero giraba era extraordinario la sensación es muy difícil de contar, espero poder estar para la próxima salida SF19

Caption: Navegando por la Bahía de SF - San Francisco (Local Guides @FaridMonti)Caption: Navegando por la Bahía de SF - San Francisco (Local Guides @FaridMonti)

Farid.

Connect Moderator

Excellent recap and excellent post, @KarenVChin  - such great memories that my eyes even teared up reading through and watching the video. It was such a great experience and I was so glad to have taken part last year! Even still recovering from the previous night's karaoke, it was still a great time. 

Thanks so much for making it happen and thanks to everyone else on board who made it a time to remember!😊

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 10

Wow @KarenVChin !

Beautiful day in every sense: great sun and great company!

How nice to see you all smiling and happy!
I hope I have the chance to get on board the next time!

Thank for this recap and all the photos are great!

Bye,

David

Connect Moderator

Fantastic recap @KarenVChin !! So lovely to be reminded of this sailing trip especially with the dreaded wintry cold weather that we have now in Manchester, UK!! I love being on water despite my fear of swimming in open seas, so it was a really super cool event!!! 

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Connect Moderator

@ErmesT , nice! I do remember you and many others taking candid photos of each of us during that wonderful, warm sunny day.  It just goes to show how many Local Guides can be having a great, fun time together one afternoon if given the chance.

Cheers,

Karen