AbdullahAM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Popular Street Food in Bangladesh: Corn

Roasted or Grilled corn stick is a popular street food in Bangladesh. This food is available in a busy places like market areas, near school, or tourist places. 

Corn StickCorn StickCorn Stick is ready for roastedCorn Stick is ready for roastedStart roasting Corn Stick on fireStart roasting Corn Stick on fire

Uttara, Dhaka, Bangladesh
10 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Popular Street Food in Bangladesh: Corn

Thank you for sharing your photos @AbdullahAM,

In Greece as well is very common to see stands with grilled or boiled corn on the cob. I prefer the grilled one. Which is your favorite one?

How about you @InaS? Do you have it in Albania?

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

that's great, nice to know that grilled corn also common in Greece also @VasT 

I like the grilled one and the pop con selling in cone cups. 

Google Vendor

Much appreciated for mentioning me @VasT. In Albania, it is the same. You can find them on every street corner. My favorite ones are the grilled ones as well.

Thank you for sharing your post with us @AbdullahAM. Do you add something on top of the corn?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Thank you so much for your comment @InaS 

We usually have just salted, the most common one; we have also some dash of honey on the top of the grilled corn.

Google Vendor

Interesting @AbdullahAM, I have never tried grilled corn with honey. I must give it a try. Which one do you prefer the salted one or the one with honey?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Honestly, i like the salted one most @InaS 

The children like the honey one.

Google Vendor

Thank you for your replies @AbdullahAM. Keep up sharing and contributing!

Former Google Contributor

Thank you for your prompt reply @AbdullahAM,

We usually don't eat it in cups, but I guess it's better for children. Do you use corn as an ingredient in Bangladeshi cuisine?  

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Now a days we use corns' a lot @VasT 

Especially the baby corn use to cook especial vegetarian food items. The most use as a cornflour to make different types of food.