gcidade's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Points not updating for 5 days

Dear colleagues,

My total view count is not updating for roughly 5 days. Although I see the increase of the view count on the individual photos, the total number, as well as the potential level change and other contributions/likes don't get updated.

I have around 446K views (last time updated). Does this have to do with that number or anything else? Will it eventually be fixed spontaneously or should I contact anyone? 

I'm terribly sorry if I posted this under the wrong forum. My intention was to post it under "Help Desk" but I found no way of doing it!

Thank you very much in advance!

Gerlan

Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Points not updating for 5 days

Hello @gcidade, I usually see updates of point every 2 to 3 days - but sometimes it indeed takes longer, so I would not panic yet  😉

As I just published a few days ago: to be local guide, you need a lot of patience!

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

@gcidade the how-to board is the right place to post this. Do no worry about view count of photos because it's cumulative. If it doesn't update for some time, views are not lost, whenever the update comes, which usually happens in batches, all the views will be rolled up to the total. We don't lose views even if the total count does not update for some time. Check again and update in a few days if it gets updated.

As @JanVanHaver has written, a bit more patience is needed sometimes 🙂 

Level 7

@gcidade Hii, gcidade it is temporary problem on Google maps, and it is solved automatically.

My points also get stucked for somedays but after someday it increases automatically.

So Don't panic it will be updated automatically...

Former Google Contributor

Hi @gcidade,

Can you please confirm if the problem still persists or your points have been already updated?

Thank you.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Dear MashaPS and everyone else who contributed,

Thanks for assisting me with this. As a matter of fact, my points were just updated today! I guess I've been following up more closely since I was uploading lots of backlog pictures (that I've taken throughout time but never uploaded) and was willing to see the impact it would have in the view count.

Last week it was taking one day to update. Now it took like 6 days in total to get an update. But since I know this can happen I'll just wait next time!

Thank you all very much.

Gerlan

Former Google Contributor

Hi @gcidade,

I am glad to hear that now everything's fine with your points. 

As you already know sometimes it takes some time your contributions to be updated, and we appreciate your patience.

Just as a reminder, when responding to others make sure to tag them (by writing @ before their names) in a post so they can receive notifications that you are communicating with them.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!