LynA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Points not being added

I am not getting all my points for adding and editing places. I get the emails showing that it was approved. My points just don't add up to the emails I have. 

I don't have a problem getting the points for reviews and photos.

9 comments
Level 9

Re: Points not being added

Hi @LynA

Welcome to Local Guides and Connect community forum. 

Explore all sections of the community where you can check out the conversations happening among Local Guides.

@You wrote:

I am not getting all my points for adding and editing places. I get the emails showing that it was approved. My points just don't add up to the emails I have. 

I don't have a problem getting the points for reviews and photos.

If you have any problem like this, please share a screen shot, it will be good to understand.

For more/details you can check out the 'Mapping Your World' section, what is relevant with your section. Please check out this section for some tips on how to use community. There is various type 'Discussion Boards'. If your post is not relevant with any discussion board you can post your discussion on General Discussion.

Tips for getting started:

• Before posting Search the community !
  • You may introduce yourself first with us on our April 2017 introduction thread.
  • Don't forget to add location with your post.
  • Choose a nice descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people, but if you found any same title (same post) on 'Subject' then please avoid duplication.
  • Choose the nice photo & a nice story to share with us at 'Share Your Photos and Discoveries' section which is relevant with Local Guides.

If still you have any problem, feel free to ask for any help or tips. 

Thanks for sharing your contribution!

KamalHasnainee

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Connect Moderator

@LynA How long ago was your edits? Sometimes it takes a few days for the points to sync. There might be some delays but they will eventually be added. I suggest waiting for a few days up to a week to see if they're being added 🙂

Connect Moderator

@IvanY wrote:

@LynA How long ago was your edits? Sometimes it takes a few days for the points to sync. There might be some delays but they will eventually be added. I suggest waiting for a few days up to a week to see if they're being added 🙂

@LynA, piggy-backing off what @iyudhi mentioned, your edits also have to be accepted and not pending in order to get those points. But as Ivan said, may take a few days - I'm currently waiting on some myself 🙂

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Connect Moderator

@SP31 He did say that he got approval emails 🙂

Connect Moderator

@IvanY wrote:

@SP31 He did say that he got approval emails 🙂

Whoops - I missed that, haha! @iyudhi 😛 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 6

you may try again after resetting the maps & google account apps.

thank you.

Connect Moderator

@DrMRI What do you mean by resetting Maps & Google account apps? Can you elaborate more?

Level 6

If it is possible, you may uninstall & reinstall the apps. Otherwise clear data of both apps & sign in again. I think it will help.

Thank you.

Connect Moderator

@DrMRI That's worth a shot, but it only works if the points discrepancy are shown in Google Maps only. Most of the time points discrepancy are due to server sync, which in that case the only solution is to wait.