WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Points are not important in attending the summit, its your in the Application Video

@Tito wrote:

I do not have any luck in my life. I am sure I shall not be selected even with 500M views and 50K Kudos

You don't need luck Zeljko, you have talent.

Level 10

Re: Points are not important in attending the summit, its your in the Application Video

@WaweruM

Yes not only the points as I have more than 49,000  point and not selected. 

So they can't give specific criteria but they inspect the applications carefully and every chosen LG have a special story. 

If the Google maps moderators reviled this to us , it will be an inspiring to all LG to make their own contributions by a different amazing way .

Level 10

Dear @LucioV

Warn congratulations for you and the rest of selected colleges. 

I will ask you to create a post under the name ( why I'm selected ) and every chosen one can speak freely an tell us his own opinion why he is been selected , this will inspiring us to make a new insight in LG program. 

Thank you in advance 

Level 10

@NABILazeez wrote:

Dear @LucioV

Warn congratulations for you and the rest of selected colleges. 

I will ask you to create a post under the name ( why I'm selected ) and every chosen one can speak freely an tell us his own opinion why he is been selected , this will inspiring us to make a new insight in LG program. 

Thank you in advance 

Hi @NABILazeez i think that some kind of topic like this is still opened, have a look to this post from @AnuradhaP https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Why-you-have-been-selected-for-the-Summit-2...

Thanks for your kind words!

Lucio

Anonymous
Not applicable

The truth about the summit will be revealed very soon,the truth always comes out.Whilst some attendees deserve their place others are solely going for a good application video,which is not fair and I do not care what anyone says. Even worse one of the attendees made 80% of his reviews in one day, among others reviewing 11 KFC's in different areas - MUST BE QUITE A FAN- furthermore if one observes the addresses he reviews this person literally went from shopping centre to shopping centre going down a directory of stores and reviewed all in one go.

Now my understanding is that the local guides program is there to enrich the content of maps with quality responsible content, Google have publicly made several announcements this year about fighting fake news and more recently introduced trusted reviews for Google listings,and I dont think it is going to help much that their exemplary local guides who they selected SOLELY ON BASIS OF THEIR VIDEO AND THIS IS A FACT AS THE PERSON IN QUESTION HAS NEVER ATTENDED A MEET UP,NEVER CONTRIBUTED TO THE COMMUNITY,HAS AN OVERWHELMING AMOUNT OF FAKE REVIEWS SOME OF WHICH APPEAR TO BE PAID FOR AS WELL,THIS PARTICULAR GUIDE REVIEWED MORE THAN ONE DUPLICATE LISTING DIRECTLY AFTER EACH OTHER AND MOST OF THE PLACES HE REVIEWED HAS A BLANK PROFILE PICTURE,SO HE DIDNT EVEN BOTHER TO ADD ONE

NOW BEFORE YOU GO RANTING AND RAVING TO ME ABOUT WHAT IS FAIR CONSIDER THE FACT THAT THERE ARE SEVERAL MEMBERS OF THIS FAMILY THAT HAVE DEDICATED ALL THEIR FREE TIME TO LOCAL GUIDES AND HAVE MADE A REAL DIFFERENCE TO THE QUALITY OF GOOGLE MAPS, AND I WILL NOT SIT DOWN AND WATCH AS THEY GET WALKED OVER BY IMPOSTORS WANTING TO SCORE A FREE TRIP TO SAN FRANSISCO AND IF THEY ALLOW THIS TO BE HONEST I WILL RATHER QUIT THE PROGRAM,I AM NOT A LEVEL 5 AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT ATTENDING THE SUMMIT BUT I LIVE TO EXPOSE THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

NEVER FORGET

NEVER FORGIVE

WE ARE LEGION

Level 8

@Tito it was clear on the application, the moderators are just reiterating what was stated on the applications. Being active on Connect and hosting official approved, by Google, meetups was a booster to get your application only seen, but nowhere did it state that it was going to be the only criteria considered and looked upon when chosing attendees.  

It does not matter the amount of views and points, as long as you are level 5 you had a chance. With so many abusing maps with spamming reviews and an overload of photos to reach level 5 right before applications opened, it was important to really sell yourself during the application process, to show Google the real truth about your motivation behind being a Local Guide. 

I think the most important thing to show on the application, is how through use of Google maps do you give back to your local community and your passion and enthusiasm about using maps, more than just collecting points and views on an app.

I don't remember if the applications could be translated to language preference during the time, however if it did, maybe it was poorly translated, that many did not fully understand. 

Just don't get too discouraged. There were so many great applicants to chose from!! You'll have another chance next year and I wish you the best of luck 🙂 

Level 8

@Anonymous I'm intrigued by your post. EPIC DRAMA...Now you have us all wondering who the culprit is. Mysterious! I really want to know who this person is. Now I'm going to be wondering all day who it is •_•

But seriously, If they did write fake reviews, you could just go and report all the fake reviews, as time consuming as that is.... I don't know if there are rules of disqualification of Summit though. Maybe unless they were demoted to a lower level for abusive spam behavior. 

I know some people had complained getting their points knocked down, for getting their reviews reported and deleted. There is a set of rules and guidelines on Google maps, so the best thing to do for this is report it. 

Level 7

Thank you for your kind answer. I am too afraid to add any more content here or to Maps

Anonymous
Not applicable

This entire program would be pointless if everyone went around reviewing several businesses they have never visited. 

Having passion for a free trip to San Fransisco is not hard to attain

It has been found that 88% of people turn to online reviews when making a purchasing decision, and how do you think users will respond when they find out that the reviews they are reading is fake

This is not just a injustice to other hardworking and dedicated local guides but to the public in general.

With Google losing ground to Amazon ,Yelp and Bing it is essential that above everything they maintain INTEGRITY thus I feel it is in order that the least they can do is at least look at applicants reviews and contributions, as this is not about the individual, Google is above all a search engine which people turn to for information, and I for one will not have faith in a system that promotes false content. It took me less than 5minutes to realise that I am looking at fake reviews, how can they overlook this?

They seem to have forgotten a very important line in their mission statement "First do no Evil"

If action is not taken I will make sure that Mr Page,Bring and Pichai take notice of this as I am convinced that is not what their vision of their brand entails, as a minor shareholder of Alphabet Inc I am not happy with this as it could affect the price of my shares if this should leak out

Level 10

@NABILazeezVery True, what is the need of contributing to google maps while you can just wait and do a professional video