WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Points are not important in attending the summit, its your in the Application Video

@WaweruM it's actually a combination of all of your Local Guides activities. Video and points are not the only things that are important for getting selected If you remember from the application they're asking a bunch of questions regarding our involvement within Local Guides. So our involvement within the community, whether offline (local meetups) or online (G+ community, Local Guides connect, etc) matters as much.

Also if you look at the videos of the people that got picked, you will see varying quality. Yes, some put a lot of effort on the video, but you'll see some that are very simple (but interesting!), and even taken with a phone camera. The team themselves has mentioned that you don't need to invest much on creating the video. They basically want to see your excitement with regards to the Local Guides Summit and program in general. So it's the matter of how you present yourself, not the matter of how much production you put in to your video. 

Level 9

Points are not important in attending the summit, its your in the Application Video

Ola, boa tarde!

Eu, fiz um vídeo de última hora, um amigo nível 5 também, me perguntou se já tinha feito a inscrição, disse não, ai fomos no estacionamento do trabalho realiza-lo, fiz em português, 

no próximo será em inglês, mas contudo isso fiquei feliz em poder participar sorteado ou não com pontos ou não criou-se uma esperança.

Meus amigos Locais Guides nível 5, o importante é nós continuarmos nossa missão, fazer o que gostamos que é mostrar ao mundo os locais do nosso querido planeta Terra.

Desejo a todos que foram escolhidos e não escolhidos um abraço e vamos aproveitar nosso destino na terra dado por Deus.

Atenciosamente,

Caleffi

Caleffi
Level 7

Re: Points are not important in attending the summit, its your in the Application Video

Hey @DiAnaUS, thank you so so much for the kind words, I really appreciate it!

Level 7

@DiAnaUS Thank you for pointing that on Facebook you can see his video! Also please note that on Facebook is not possible to get Important Notice - Inappropriate Content as here.

Level 8

@WaweruM

@Paresh_Ratan

No, definitely disagree it is not only about the video. My video was really simple taken on my phone at one place. No editing whatsoever. 

I also don't think it's just about the points or the number of views. 

Just keep making good contributions to Google Maps and you never know what can happen... 

Level 7

@Ann-MarieS could you send me link to your video presentation?

Level 8

@StuartParker you're welcome! Just speaking the truth! Your youtube page was amazing, totally inspired!

Level 8

The example I mentioned also has a really impressive youtube channel of all his travels, which he probably posted in his application. 

One of the criteria was to add a link to one of your pages/account. @NABILazeez 

Level 7

Thanks @DiAnaUS!!! Trying my best to highlight Cape Town & its beauty!

Level 10

@StuartParker

@DiAnaUS

@Tito

@Ann-MarieS

@RogeanC

Thank you for your feedback