WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Points are not important in attending the summit, its your in the Application Video

@WaweruM,

I was chosen to attend LG Summit 17 and my video (see below) is far from professional-looking. I recorded it myself in my dark room with a poor webcam just hours before application deadline. Points are very much important and so is everything else. You can check out the following link to learn more about Google's selection criteria https://maps.google.com/localguides/event/summit.

It is a good thing to let your dedication and commitment to the program show in your video while also sharing highlights of your contributions to the program. My video below is testament to the fact that shooting a professional-looking video is not a requirement to being selected for the program. I hope that by sharing my experience with you, you can see that what really matters is your contributions and passion.

Best of luck for 2018. I hope to see you there.

Alexander,

A Local Guide from Sierra Leone.

Alexander
Level 8

Re: Points are not important in attending the summit, its your in the Application Video

Hi @iyudhi , since yesterday i am reading your post,
i was very surprised by your post,
I never ask for Google to share statistics of the Summit attendees or to disclose the list of Local Guides. that was chosen to attend the Summit.
Please  may i get the link of that posts.
you can also read my request of new feature concerned the LG summit selection process

request feature

Thanks

Google Map My Contributions | CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL ATTENDEES !!! | What do for the next LG summit 2018
Level 7

@PaulPavlinovich ja sam potpuno novi ovdje. Ranije sam bio na G+ i tamo sam gledao phitosphere. Jos prije toga bio sam na Gogle Views. Uglavnom malo poznajem i dnevno pratim statistiku za vise autora sa phitospherama.cini mi se da dobro poznajete black listed. Obzirom da ja vise necu dodavati nove photosphere, nego samo stare, hocu li doci na black list kod google?

Level 10

LG team members have tried their best to select nominees from diverged nationalities. This is the best thing. Our dedication is important that's what I concluded.

Connect Moderator

@iLoveGoogl My apologies, it might be something lost in the translation. I read it as you wanting Google to disclose the contributions statistics of the chosen Summit attendees.

Can you please clarify what to meant by your request?

Level 10

@braveheartajekVery inspiring, Congratulations for being choosen

Level 10

@BishowvijayaPVery True

Level 10

Level 8

This is one of the longest threads ever @WaweruM you really got people talking hahaha 

At the end of it, we can all agree to disagree and respect each others opinions....

and wish our fellow guides the best of luck for LGSummit18 next year..

AND our fellow guides who were chosen for LGSummit17, we send them a huge congrats 🙂 

Level 8

@iyudhi
i made a request of a new feature which consist in the fact that an applyer to a LG Summit should get a personnal board where he can see the note, mark, remark he received for each criteria, he could also see his average and his rank.

Google Map My Contributions | CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL ATTENDEES !!! | What do for the next LG summit 2018