WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Points are not important in attending the summit, its your in the Application Video

iyudhi ha escrito:

@WaweruM it's actually a combination of all of your Local Guides activities. Video and points are not the only things that are important for getting selected If you remember from the application they're asking a bunch of questions regarding our involvement within Local Guides. So our involvement within the community, whether offline (local meetups) or online (G+ community, Local Guides connect, etc) matters as much.

Also if you look at the videos of the people that got picked, you will see varying quality. Yes, some put a lot of effort on the video, but you'll see some that are very simple (but interesting!), and even taken with a phone camera. The team themselves has mentioned that you don't need to invest much on creating the video. They basically want to see your excitement with regards to the Local Guides Summit and program in general. So it's the matter of how you present yourself, not the matter of how much production you put in to your video. 

Not really.... they dont care about the Activitie in Local Guides Community "many of selected are uknows on Local Guides... many of the other guys Got communitys, help here on connect have meet  ups and they was not selected...... 

I think they only check thos points.

1. Level 5 Just for apply

2. VISA

3. English

The activity in connect as well as the introductory post were not taken into account, you can check it by looking at the selected list, and reviewing all "acquaintances who were not taken into count"

Connect Moderator

Re: Points are not important in attending the summit, its your in the Application Video

@Francisco-RS There are ways of contributing to the Local Guides program, not only by being active on Connect or becoming a supported Community Moderator. Don't be too quick judging from what you can see. There might other factors that's not easily visible.

Also, there are far more qualified Local Guides, but only 150 spots. I understand the disappointment, but in reality, it's impossible to bring everyone in considering the limited spots. Rest assured, they do care about your Local Guides activities.

Level 8

iyudhi ha escrito:

@Francisco-RS There are ways of contributing to the Local Guides program, not only by being active on Connect or becoming a supported Community Moderator. Don't be too quick judging from what you can see. There might other factors that's not easily visible.

Also, there are far more qualified Local Guides, but only 150 spots. I understand the disappointment, but in reality, it's impossible to bring everyone in considering the limited spots. Rest assured, they do care about your Local Guides activities.

@iyudhi not really, as far I can see.

But I've seen a lot of newbies that were selected, which over and above many who really support the program, by the way those newbies just went up to level 5, applied and nothing more.

The sad thing is to see that local guides do not take in count their requirements.

You say there are other ways to contribute, I can ask what are the other ways to contribute? If the unselected have "official communities, meetups, thousands of photos, inclusive I saw some with 360 photos, and their contributions to the connect program is awesome"

How can they tell to the most active people in the community to continue to participate  in the program?(Yes there are several that their contribution to the connection program is superior) how do you tell them that your contributions are really good, and that they need continue to do everything possible, when the program rewards other users who are below them, When a few selected only raised to level 5 to participate in the contest...

As far I remember, one of the requirements was "being active in the connect program"

I can conclude, I don't care if I was not selected, I'm here for other reasons, rather than for a convention.

I will say something that many think: if they had lost against "superior" members no one would have had this discomfort ....

Connect Moderator

@Francisco-RS Again, there are many factors influencing decisions. And quality matter over quantity. There might be people that looks very active by numbers, but when you look at it, most are spams. Then there are people with modest number of contributions, but they put hearts into whatever they contribute. It's really hard to say at this point, really, and I don't think it's fair for you to say that some people selected are "newbies" and don't contribute much.

Level 9

What if we focused on how to make our way to LGSummit 18? To be "qualified" enough, as you think?
Blaming anyone won't help anything, mate. Chill, learn from many things around, and make yourself deserved the seat.
All the best.

Level 8

I will not leave local guides, but I will not participate in any google event until we receive an explanation of why those requirements are not considered.
If you participate in a raffle and the draw does not meet your conditions, why would you do it again?
I'm happy for all the selected, but I'm not happy because the official team has taken these decisions, just because they dont TAKE IN COUNT HIS OWN BASES to carry out the selection.
Local Guides are not taking in count their own requirements, we first saw it in the official video reviews, now we check it again in the selection of this contest.

And many of us know that is true....

You say focus on the LGsummit18 ... why? Maybe next year will win some people who don't meet the requirements, maybe they need put 0  requirements, so nobody will say this again....

Connect Moderator

Hi @WaweruM its about everything you do as a Local Guide. 

My video was shot on a phone and edited on the phone there's nothing the slightest bit professional about it and I'm going. We all need to remember there are 1.5 million local guides and only 150 spots for the summit. That means only 0.01% of Local Guides get to go. The LG team rightly do not reveal how many apply but I know fore sure that it is a lot of them. They don't even watch all of the videos. They review applications, and they will pick people out from their application to go into a short list. Those people likely get their video watched. Other things influence who would go into that list - I would suggest (note I do not know for sure, I'm making some assumptions here) are:

- at least level 5 (this is the only bit where points are important)

- activity report from Local Guides Connect - how active are you - what is your content quality - posts vs kudos vs solutions etc

- activity report from Maps on your contributions - what do you contribute, how often, do people upvote your reviews, are your reviews quality

- activity from Maps Meetups - do you organise meetups, do you do recaps

- how you engage with the Googlers and the Community Moderators on LGC

I would suggest being known to the Googlers doesn't hurt, but you need to be known in a positive and friendly way. Posts like the one you've made where you are honestly trying to express your feelings are ok, even if your summation is likely to be incorrect, but posting positively, organising meetups, interacting with other people will all be seen by the Googlers and they will have your name and face in their minds when selecting people.

Not every person going will fall into these categories, because I imagine that some people are picked for a video view entirely randomly and their enthusiasm and message in their video will come across and get them over the line.

Of course it is natural for you and every other person who went to the effort but doesn't get to go to be upset and disconcerted. You have that right - I know I felt that way last year before I got subbed in because someone else could not go. In fact I ranted much like you have so I'm no angel. But I've learned from the experience.

What do I suggest you do before 2018? 

- positive attitude

- become visible in a good way to the Googlers by posting great content here on LGC and organising meetups in your home area

- make sure you meet all of the selection criteria

I'm sure you are a wonderful person and I wish you all the best for 2018.

Level 7

Dargi Paul, drago mi je sto si napisao ovo gore. Lijepo je procitati svaki tvoj odgivor i mislim da ti ti jedan vrijedni ckan ove zajednice i da jako pino doprinisis. Naravnobda ne migubsvi ucestvivati na summutu i ne razumijem zasto je nastupio problem.meni je jako drago da pisem ovdje. Posebno mi je milo damogu oisati na hrvatskom jeziku. I da svi mizemo medjusobno komunicirati i pomagati jedni druge. Puno pozdrava iz dubrovnika

Level 7

@Francisco-RS Dragi prijatelju procitao sam tvoje pismo i otprilike mislim da znam kako se osjecas. Svi smo ucestvovali u lutriji. Srecke se se izvlacile i netko je bio vise sretan, a netko manje sretan. Naravno da svi ne mozemo biti sretni u lutriji. Ja volim igrati tombulu. Ne volim igrati loto i izvlacenje srecaka, a to je zapravo istom mozda je ovdje sve trebalo funkcionirati kao nagrada za one koji su predano radili i doprinosili zajednici. Cujem da su lutriju dobili, da su pobijedili i idu na summit neki koji su samo radili copy paste za lokacije koje nikad nisu vidjeli, oa cak i za razlicita mjesta. Uglavnom sam odlucio da vise ne saljem svoje nove photosphere jer sam ih sigurno orevise poslao i previse pogleda dobio. Ubuduce samo sakupljam Bezdeve

Level 7

Ako je bila lutrija, onda su trebali i reći da je lutrija. Ali Google postaje jedan cirkus veliki, to je problem. Za jedan klik će dati i dupeta svoga, i samo im je klik bitan i to će ih na kraju i pokopati. 

A ako pogledate statistiku i broj postavljenih sfera, pregelda koje ima Željko Šoletić, to nemaju svi ovi što su pozvani na summit zajedno kad se saberu.

Žejko je trebao biti tamo na summitu kao predavač ili neki savjetnik.

Ukratko, ovaj google je samo za ovu djecu koja pucaju klikove i treba se okrenuti ozbiljnijim platformama

@Tito wrote:

@Francisco-RS Dragi prijatelju procitao sam tvoje pismo i otprilike mislim da znam kako se osjecas. Svi smo ucestvovali u lutriji. Srecke se se izvlacile i netko je bio vise sretan, a netko manje sretan. Naravno da svi ne mizemo biti sretni u lutriji. Ja volim igrati tombulu. Ne volim igrTi loto i izvkacenje srecaka, a to je zapravo istom mozda je ovdje sve trebalo funkciobirati kao nagradacza one koji su predano radili i doprinosili zajednici. Cujem da su lutriju dobili, da su pobijedili i idu na summit neki koji su samo radili copy paste za lokacije koje nikad nisu vidjeli, oa cak i za razlicita mjesta. Uglavnom sam odlucio da vise ne saljem svoje nove photosphere jer sam ih sigurno orevise poslao i previse pogleda dobio. Ubuduce samo sakupljam Bezdeve