WaweruM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Points are not important in attending the summit, its your in the Application Video

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Points are not important in attending the summit, its your in the Application Video

@Anonymous Truth is like a coin, it's have two sides.

Real truth is squeezed somewhere in between.

Eyes of world have one truth for 1st world and other for rest of planet.

I know that, personally.

Thanks for answer, all the best.

Connect Moderator

@iLoveGoogl Google has stated that they will not disclose the list of Local Guides that was chosen to attend the Summit. It's now up to you whether you want to accept this fact or not. This is mostly due to privacy concern. You just need to look around for publicly shared info if you want to get an idea. Please stop asking for Google to share statistics of the Summit attendees.

Contributions numbers aren't the only things that matter during the selection criteria. There's so much more that the Local Guides team are looking to select participants. Keep in mind for this one I wasn't speaking on behalf of Google. This is based on my observation last year as an attendee, and from the result of interacting with other Summit attendees.

Anonymous
Not applicable

They do not need to disclose a list as they are featuring attendees on social media,and by simply clicking on a users name, it is very easy to see when something is not right,I never expected them to release any lists,or expected them to explain themselves. This is a volunteer program and we are not entitled to anything,and they do not have to explain anything HOWEVER when they offer a select group of individuals an EQUAL opportunity and it becomes clear that some of the participants did not participate in a honest manner it does become a problem,especially when allegations are made and no effort is made to even investigate or address the allegations. 

To anyone with a bit of insight it should now be clear how to uncover what I am referring to.

Let me ask this if you looked at someones reviews and noticed:

1. close to 100 reviews on the same day

2.reviews of one franchise for example Pizza Hut/KFC/McDonald's but 7-10 reviews that were copied and pasted in different locations

3.reviews of several restaurants and stores all in the same shopping center directly after each other especially when some of the reviews mention negative things about people working there which not only affects the people working there but their families

4.Majority of the reviews are of businesses that have absolutely no photos - if you were there surely as a LG you would have made the effort of adding a photo

5.Two reviews in direct succession of each other of a duplicate listing of the same business-something that is severely damaging to a business and as a LG we are obligated to fix this 

So unfortunately I do find it unacceptable that we are supposed to look up to these Local Guides and that they are selected for an opportunity which I understand is a privilege not a right. It then makes it unethical that the local guides team (not GOOGLE) set criteria which the rest of us have to conform to in order to be eligible for an opportunity when the criteria mentioned is irrelevant and this is not an assumption but fact.

I have nothing further to add because I do not want to demotivate members of the community but I will not sit and watch this unfold in front of me and sit back and do nothing

Connect Moderator

@Anonymous So I've seen you mentioned this a few times. Would you mind privately messaging me the profile links of the chosen Summit attendees that have been doing stuff on your list? I can try to escalate it to Google, especially if they're doing no 2 (posting same reviews on different locations).

Level 10

@PrdeepI appreciate your feedback

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is interesting list @Anonymous

1. close to 100 reviews on the same day

2.reviews of one franchise for example Pizza Hut/KFC/McDonald's but 7-10 reviews that were copied and pasted in different locations

3.reviews of several restaurants and stores all in the same shopping center directly after each other especially when some of the reviews mention negative things about people working there which not only affects the people working there but their families

4.Majority of the reviews are of businesses that have absolutely no photos - if you were there surely as a LG you would have made the effort of adding a photo

5.Two reviews in direct succession of each other of a duplicate listing of the same business-something that is severely damaging to a business and as a LG we are obligated to fix this 

I know that is possible to do such a things, but this is...well actually I do not see why would somebody do such a things...

Lot of research is needed for those informations.

And if you have proof send that to @iyudhi in private message, somehow I believe that he will do all what he can and escalate this.

Thanks, Dragan.

Level 10

@AnonymousVery true

Level 10

@iyudhiI think we should resolve this matter here, going private wont clear the questions people are trying to answer

Connect Moderator

@WaweruM What else needs to be answered? 🙂