davidcox's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Points Issues Why some of them show up

I found one place that I think causes confusion in tracking points counts. Local guides vs Contribute page points reporting

I find this program addictive and maybe a live video game that helps make a better map.

I happened to hear an NPR piece about the addiction to video games and points.  I can not find a link to the newest one but here is an old one about addiction to video games.  Looking through the posts recently there has been a lot of comment on the counts being off.  I was looking for a solution prior to posting this and saw the reference by @River_Wilde  about Pokemon and watching points can be confusing. 

So I was checking a fixing some things I had posted and found a HUGE discrepancy in checking points. If you go to the home page of the local guides program you can see your points count. In my situation, after doing days work on postings my number was level 7 and 13,832 points that was actually a number that was from 3 days prior. So I went to the Google Contribute page and the count there on both desktop and mobile the level was 7 and 15,154 points. So this would certainly create confusion in fellow points addicts. I am not sure if this has been pointed out before but it may be part of the posts.  

So I wonder what is the reality? I go with contribute numbers since it seems to track posts effects as information is added.

Local guides pageLocal guides pageContribute page taken same timeContribute page taken same time

2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Points Issues Why some of them show up

Hi @davidcox

Your Local Guides level on Connect meaning on the community forum should reflect your Local Guides level on Google Maps. They are 2 different platforms, though, and sometimes it does take some time for both to sync. 

Hope this clarifies. Many thanks!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @davidcox

Your Local Guides level on Connect meaning on the community forum should reflect your Local Guides level on Google Maps. They are 2 different platforms, though, and sometimes it does take some time for both to sync. 

Hope this clarifies. Many thanks!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

@MariaBi maximum of how many days will it take?. Am facing the same problem !