Vanessa_L's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Points Fluctuating with no content violation

My points have been going up and down, and I don't know why. I've checked the content policy, and my contributions do not seem to be in violation of anything. My points last when down from 8268 to 8033 with no explanation, and they haven't gone back up. What is going on?

P.S. I apologize if this is posted under the wring ttopic. I can't seem to figure out how to post this in the right place.

3 comments
Level 8

Re: Points Fluctuating with no content violation

Have you made any additions or edits to Maps that were "not applied"? You receive points for additions and edits, and I'm wondering if these points may disappear if anything is rejected later on. Also, if you added a new place and you added reviews and photos to that place which earned you points, perhaps these points can disappear if the new place itself is rejected.

If it's not related to a content violation and none of your additions or edits were rejected, I'm not entirely sure what could've caused this. Perhaps there are other reasons that people can chime in about.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Vanessa_L

Fluctuations of points can be caused by several reasons, also not related to your effective contributions, like an update in a server, or an upgrade of Google maps. Just check the details of your contribution, that you can see tapping on your avatar in the App.

Fluctuations in points have been reported several times in the last years, and at the end everything has been fixed. If your loss of points remain for a few days, check your profile in anonymous mode, to see if some of your contribution have been flagged as private

Level 7

Thank you for your suggestion. I gave Maps some time without contributing anything to see if my points would go back up. They didn't. I checked my profile in anonymous mode, I don't notice anything that was flagged as private. So at this point, I still don't know why my points went down and I'm reluctant to keep contributing when points have gone down instead of up.