GerryW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Points Difference

Point's difference between desktop and mobile 

Is anyone else noticing a difference in points between what google are showing on a desktop and what google are showing on their mobile application 

Here is my desktop version 

Screenshot_49.jpgthis  picture is to show the time and date the screenshot was taken at . The following photo shows how many points google are counting Screenshot_50.jpg

This next photo is from google maps on my mobile 

20180329_055620000_iOS.png

Is anyone else noticing a difference in points across different devices ?

Ireland
4 comments
Level 9

Re: Points Difference

Hello @GerryW !

Hope you are doing well, the points need atleast 24 hours to sync on both the app & web version. Please allow some time to your web version. Another thing to note from my personal experience when we are doing active contributions the delay can easily be more than 24 hours.
For further official/authentic information please read this thread by @TraciC
Hope it will help you to understand the situation in a better way.

Best Regards

Level 8

Hi @Haseeb 
thank you for taking the time to write out a answer. 

I had a look at the link you mentioned - the first thing i found was this:

"Known Issue: Delay in Local Guides Points Updating

UPDATE 12/19/17: The points delay issue has been resolved."

I wonder has the issue with points re-surfaced as it seams not to be resolved now. 
I would also point out , I made the updates on the 26th of March - 3 days ago . 

Level 9

Thanks for your explanation @GerryW
It will definitely help to understand your situation better, as I mentioned earlier in my case it took a maximum of 48 hours to sync the points between app & web version. 
But still the authentic answer should be from someone with more experience.
I'll help you tag some google-rs/moderators here, hope they can help you in this regard.

@GeorgesHR @ErmesT 

Cheers

Connect Moderator

You are right @Haseeb, there is a syncronization between the App version and the HTML version of Maps, so the update of the points take some time.

The post linked to you @GerryW in fact is referring to an issue that we had a short time ago, that is not related to the subject of your post.

we have more than 50 millions of registered users in Google Maps, so the databases are not syncronized instantly

Hope this can clarify

Please note that, as your post is not related to Meet-ups activities, I am moving it in the Genaral Board

Please make sure to check out this post with tips on how to best participate and interact in this community.

Ermes