MountainGal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Pod 39

On a recent trip to the Big Apple I opted to stay at a POD on 39th Street and it was an excellent choice.  Although the room and bath are small, it was plenty large enough for one person.  The single bed would not have worked for 2 people, but there are other rooms which cater to 2...with bunk beds.

Check in procedure was simple although the clerk at the desk when i checked in was less than pleasant, but all the other employees I can in contact with were helpful and smiling.

Only a few blocks to Grand Central Station where all the subways connect, I was able to travel uptown to the Metropolitan Museum for the Dutch Master's exhibit and then take a bus downtown stopping to walk through the Central Park zoo to renew my friendship with the animals there.  

But New York City is a walker's paradise!  At least when you are not lugging a rolling suitcase and then cracks and the people on the sidewalks crowding you off the side.  But 39th crosstown and then up to the theater district where I saw Kinky Boots and Book of Mormon.  The former was spectacular, but the latter lacked sparkle.  The story was there, the dance routines were wonderful, but it lacked the zip one expects from a Broadway musical.  It felt as though everyone was just going through the motions.  It might be because it was a "stand-by" cast.

But when you go to NYC, be sure to plan to walk!

Manhattan, NY, USA
1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: Pod 39

Hi @MountainGal,

Welcome to Connect.

Thanks for sharing the story of your visit to New York. I've been there at least 7 times in 2012-2013. I was leaving close to Washington, DC by this time and I can say that New York is a fantastic city that appeals to all kinds of people. There is a bit of everything to do, parties to go, rich places in history to visit, it's really amazing.

What is your favorite to do in the city? Or favorite place to visit there?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!