cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Please help me remove this place

Hi @LucioV,

We really appreciate you trying to correct to map to avoid more users being routed to the wrong place, but by using the community and the other Google tools as workarounds to speed up the process you put all your contributions  and the effort you put into your account at risk.

Claiming a false GMB, trying to remove as spam a real POI, using multiple accounts to "speed up" the deletion, making submissions that you are not familiar, are some examples of violations that no matter how many good edits you've done in the past, it can get your account in some big trouble.... and we don't want this to happen with any Local Guide.

As much as I understand your intent in fixing the issue, we all need to adhere to all of our policies. 

The first time you flagged the POI, it went to our team for review. Now we just need to wait a little bit until they check and see all the information has been submitted to fix everything.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

@GusMoreira wrote:

Hi @LucioV,

We really appreciate you trying to correct to map to avoid more users being routed to the wrong place, but by using the community and the other Google tools as workarounds to speed up the process you put all your contributions  and the effort you put into your account at risk

Claiming a false GMB, trying to remove as spam a real POI, using multiple accounts to "speed up" the deletion, making submissions that you are not familiar, are some examples of violations that no matter how many good edits you've done in the past, it can get your account in some big trouble.... and we don't want this to happen with any Local Guide.

As much as I understand your intent in fixing the issue, we all need to adhere to all of our policies. 

The first time you flagged the POI, it went to our team for review. Now we just need to wait a little bit until they check and see all the information has been submitted to fix everything.

Thanks for your advice @GusMoreira, but I'm quite certain that my update requests never were submitted to the team for review; always instantly rejected.

But i have to object, this is not a real POI, in terms of real life, it's only something placed here for error or with bad intentions, to get tourists lost; so i think claiming it is not "claiming a false GMB", is claiming nothing.

Anyway, don't worry, I have no intention to put my account at risk abusing of Maps, I'm not using multiple accounts, I was just trying to see if something could change, asking other people to try, I'm here only to serve and protect users from abuse and spam, as like you, with very few powers; so, i will never try to fix spam again, that's something I can't fight with these tools.

Thanks for your intervention, I hope this issue will be fixed soon.

Have a nice day,

Lucio

Former Google Contributor

There's no need to worry @LucioV, I can see on the POI history that your flag is currently in the queue for our team to review.

You also don't need to stop contributing to the map by fixing the issues, all we ask is that you do through the right channels.

If there isn't a proper way to report and is a important/sensitive issue, that's why we are here for. Just tag a moderator and we have our internal ways to escalate these issues, so you don't need to put your account at risk and everyone is happy at the end of the day 😃

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

@GusMoreira wrote:

There's no need to worry @LucioV, I can see on the POI history that your flag is currently in the queue for our team to review.

You also don't need to stop contributing to the map by fixing the issues, all we ask is that you do through the right channels.

If there isn't a proper way to report and is a important/sensitive issue, that's why we are here for. Just tag a moderator and we have our internal ways to escalate these issues, so you don't need to put your account at risk and everyone is happy at the end of the day 😃

Thanks @GusMoreira, yes, the edit request is now pending, I can see, but I can also show you a long list of instantly refused edits; maybe my "lateral move" that ended in a name change (previously nothing could be touched, even the name was locked) unlocked the item, I don't really know.

I've received directly report from a spanish friend of mine that was looking for directions to the main railway station in Rome and Italy, with maps heading in the wrong direction, and I found the entry with some reviews reporting pickpockets in action so I decided to react as fast as I can, and I've tagged you at the very beginning of the thread.

Sorry for the pressing, and for trying to solve by myself a problem that was not addressable by me.

Thanks for your support,

Lucio

Level 10

@GusMoreira all the work done was reverted back to the wrong name, and the tourist are scammed again; they will be routed to this dark road, to be robbed, instead of being driven to the correct place.

Please, help: https://goo.gl/maps/eVY8QUBMRok

Level 7

Lucio, post about this POI on the RS & TC discussion group and ask the new escalator [escalatress/escalatrix] to help.

Level 10
Level 10

Thanks @GusMoreira actually this place is still here. Today I've received another report from a tourist being diverted to the wrong place.

It's really odd that something so simple like delete a spam, wrong place, is so hard to do, and removing dozens of legit places took place just in few minutes: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Rovine-ruins-resti-remains/m-p/604727#M1682...

Thanks anyway for your work, was a pleasure work along with you to improve maps.

Level 10

So I did. 

Pirkanmaa Local Guide