ZubairC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Places in various color

How do I know the places are varied by its color? So anybody can guide me which color represent for what ?

Please see the attached image/picture of maps screenshot 

ZC
Cox's Bazar District, Chittagong Division, Bangladesh
9 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Places in various color

Hello @ZubairC, I'm not sure if I understand. A screenshot would be really helpful! 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 9

I already have added the screenshot

@JeslynL wrote:

Hello @ZubairC, I'm not sure if I understand. A screenshot would be really helpful! 

ZC

Hey @ZubairC, I'm not seeing any 😞

Here's how to share a screenshot or image: 

- Click on "Photos", select "Choose files", then "Done"! 

[UNSET].png

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Connect Moderator

@JeslynL Hi 

He is talking about the places name color variety on Google maps and whats is this reason ?

Example 1

maps 1.JPG

Here i have posted my opinion.....

@ZubairC 

Its a difficult question for answer and i have no any exact solution for this question ... Its may be differ by places category and how its importance on maps. like as we see park/amusement park and garden type places in Green color. Restaurant and cafe in orange color . Most visited and most popular places on dark Blue/ blue color . Otherwise we see different color in different places which unknown for me .

Happy Guiding!!!!

Thanks for explaining, @ShafiulB, and you are right. @ZubairC, these are simply icons for the various categories of POIs. Hope this helps! 

Level 9

@JeslynL I cannot appreciate your idea. There must have been a guideline of coloring the icons that represent different catagory. Well, please guide me where to ask if mone of us can answer here.

ZC
Connect Moderator

@kbhouse wrote:

@JeslynL I cannot appreciate your idea. There must have been a guideline of coloring the icons that represent different catagory. Well, please guide me where to ask if mone of us can answer here.

@ZubairC Hi!!! 

For better suggestion with more accurate answer i suggest you to post your question in Google Maps Help Forum

Happy Guiding !!

Happy Mapping !!

Level 9

Well @ShafiulB @JeslynL as you said you do not know about other colors! Where can I get the real answer? Can you tell me whom to ask ?

ZC
Connect Moderator

@kbhouse wrote:

Well @ShafiulB @JeslynL as you said you do not know about other colors! Where can I get the real answer? Can you tell me whom to ask ?

@ZubairC For better suggestion with more accurate answer i suggest you to post your question in Google Maps Help Forum.

Do you understand? bro.