davesage's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Place Creation 'Not Applied' issues

I know this has been asked before but there doesn't seem to be any answers in the older topics. I am trying to create a new place on the map. I have photos, website, times and everything else but it just always comes up with 'NOT APPLIED' when I try to create it. I use different amounts of information and the correct address but it just won't accept the new location. What is going on?

6 comments
Level 10

Re: Place Creation 'Not Applied' issues

Hi @davesage
Your answer is here

Level 8

Hi @davesage I feel bad about it, there may be several reasons why edits were “Not applied”.

• Spelling error (name of place or address)

• Wrong address

• Wrong location marker

• Wrong category

• Wrong phone number

• Wrong website

• The place has already been added by other users and approval is pending

Please read this post: Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

When the system is unable to verify the information you submitted, they deny your “add a place” submission. I encourage you to submit them again. Thank you so much!

I hope this helps 🙂

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 9

Thanks, I've read that article but it doesn't explain (apart from the simple answer that the algorithm didn't like the submission) why when I've added every possible piece of information for the new location and photos that it is rejected. I don't have issues in general and am a level 8 so I can't understand any reason why certain new location are not applied when all information is supplied?

Cheers,

Dave

Level 9

Thanks @Jagadeesh_Reddy, again, I've tried different categories, slightly different names and different levels of info but they aren't accepted. I've tried a few weeks later and still not accepted. Stumped to know how to get the proper information past the automated process to get it accepted.

Thanks for your help though!

Level 8

If possible can you share more information like what you are trying to add including category ? @davesage

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 9

Sure:

Name: The Flip Side

Category: Cafe (also tried Creperie)

Address: 6 Swadford Street, Skipton. BD23 1RD (there definitely isn't a current location there as I marked the previous one permanently closed a while ago), I've also tried moving the marker to the correct location and leaving it where it is on creation.

They seem to have another Google location linked to their other part of their business which is a mobile catering van in Grassington.

They are about to open a new cafe so I'm trying to add that location I wonder whether Algorithm is thinking that this is a duplicate entry? Their other entry is 'The Flip Side Crepes' here: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/The+Flip+Side+Crepes/@54.0690201,-1.9937759,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s...

so the name is slightly different - I also tried 'The Flip Side - Skipton' 

hmm