CilineR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Re: PhuChaiSai Mountain Resort Review, Chiang Rai, Thailand

@TsekoV When you've been Ayutthaya, check out this place for good coffee and food (Fried rice was good!). It's cafe and restaurant at Ayutthaya Retreat Resort. It's a good place for relaxing after visiting lot of temples in Ayutthaya. It's not far from the main attractions.Relaxing in the hammock @Ayutthaya RetreatRelaxing in the hammock @Ayutthaya Retreat

Restaurant @Ayutthaya Retreat ResortRestaurant @Ayutthaya Retreat Resort

Level 3

@Aruni I visit Trang once a year to meet my husband's family for 2-3 days. The beaches 🏖 and local breakfast are very impressive. I will share photos and tag you for sure.😉

Former Google Contributor

Hi @CilineR,

Thank you for your kind words. Destiny is what all we have and we are even predestined to see certain places. As for the Chao Phaya River area, it is the one close to the center of Bangkok, isn't it? 

@Aruni I didn't know that the Erawan Shrine is of that high importance. We visited it just by chance during the evening as there were a lot of people praying there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @Aruni,

I have never been to Trang. Have you? I am not sure what this place was famous for. The name sounds familiar to me, but I don't quite remember it. Can you share some more details with us?

@CilineR Should I have the chance to visit Ayutthaya ( I am very curious how you pronounce it correctly), I would definitely visit the place you recommended. It looks so cozy and relaxing. By the way, I have another question. What the name Ayutthaya means? Is there some hidden meaning behind it?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @TsekoV 

Yes, It is very important for Thai people. Have you ever been to Siam Center?

It is the most popular shopping mall in Thailand. I can share some photos from this place.

Caption: A photo of SIAM center in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)Caption: A photo of SIAM center in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)

@CilineR Do you go to Siam Center often?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 3

@TsekoV We pronounce "Ah-yut-tha-ya". I'm not sure about the meaning 😕 but it is also the name of kingdom👑 called "Ayutthaya Kingdom" that existed from 1350 to 1767 before becoming to Thailand

As the Ayutthaya province in present is used to be the capital of Ayutthaya Kingdom, that why it's rich of many temples and ruins.

Level 3

@TsekoV  Yes, the Chao Phraya river is in the heart of Bangkok. But the traffic from my home to there is quite terrible, so I'm quite reluctant to go to that area. However, I will check it out soon for any updated trend and tourist spots.😎

@Aruni I'm not often go to Siam center. Just 1-2 times a year to meet my friends near that area. Do you go there often? 

Hi @CilineR,

Thank you for sharing those details with me. It is really interesting to learn more about the history the old kingdom. @Aruni Do you have any idea about the name Ayutthaya? Is it a name that people can also have in Thailand?

To answer your question @Aruni, I think I was in Siam center while I visited Bangkok. There I bought one very nice perfume that I still use. : )

@CilineR As for taking a walk around Chao Phraya river, I agree with you that the traffic there is high and that region is full of tourists and people.

What do you think about the Sky train in Bangkok? I was very surprised the first time I took it.

Level 6

@TsekoV I just  post a side trip to Ayutthaya as your interest.😄 I went there last weekend and it took only 5 hours from and get back to Bangkok. I hope you will like my itinerary.😉

My post here!!

My Video here!!

@Aruni Have you ever been to Wat Mahathat and Wat PhraSiSanPhet? Those places are really charming with the historical ruins and are the most important temples in Ayutthaya. Check it out if you love ruin.

Hi @CiineRd 

Wow, so amazing and it is a very nice place. I have never been there before.

I love to visit it one day. What activities can you do around?

@TsekoV and @Zahid_opal you have to visit this place when you are in Thailand. It is very popular in Thailand.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!