Andras_H's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

PhotosEditor folder - duplicated photos during upload

Hi, I am getting crazy soon if I won't find any good permenent solution for this 😄

So my problem: If I take a photo then edit it on my phone, then somehow a duplicate edited photo will be also created (only on the phone) and will be moved into the folder called PhotoEditor - not good

PhotosEditor folderPhotosEditor folder

However if I select the section "photos" or check them on the Google Photos in a desktop browser only one photo is displayed. Obviously, because the cloud backup is not enabled on that folder - good

photos after edit - only once - goodphotos after edit - only once - good

And the problem: When I am trying to upload an edited photos to a place actually both (or more based on the edit count) will be displayed in that list - which is not good. I want to see only the edited photos, only once. It makes hard to select the proper one and makes messy. duplicates - even the original is displayedduplicates - even the original is displayed

What I have tried so far

• I can delete that PhotoEditor folder - so only one pic will be displayed during upload selection - OK, but I have to do this again and again after each photo edits.
  • Tried to create a .nomedia file to hide those photos from the system - somehow did not work

As I remember this is pretty new (max 1-2 months) before I did not have such folder. But I had to reset my phone, so maybe is is a setting somewhere? (S7 edge, latest 7.0 official Samsung Android)

Thank you for your help in advance:)

Gödöllő, Magyarország
14 comments
Level 9

Re: PhotosEditor folder - duplicated photos during upload

@Andras_H  Do you use a desktop or lap top at all or is everything only on the phone?  I do a lot of moving to handle this so wanted to ask first.

Level 8

Hi @davidcox my "workflow" is the follwoing:

1. take a photo w my phone
  2. waiting for the automatic backup
  3. edit the photo on my phone - here the duplicate is created
  4. upload the photo from the phone to the the map

Sometimes I upload the edited photos from a web browser from a desktop PC -  I see only one pic (because the cloud backup of that PhotosEditor folder is disabled) - So I do everything on the phone.

Thanks. Do u have such folder on your phone?

Level 9

@Andras_H  No, and I avoid the problem by moving to my laptop anything I am going to edit. After it is backed up to google photos. Then after editing I have them on the desktop and upload off my wifi. The nonedited photos I do on the spot as I take them and the just get backed up next time I have wifi. I just find it easier to work on the desktop. I do not have the folder you are referring to maybe the program for editing created it. I am on Samsung Droid and do not have the edit folder, just two pictures folders one is on the phone and one on the sd card

Level 8

thanks @davidcox, but I am using the official Google Photos app for editing - so it is not a 3rd party app. weird.

Level 8

Hi @Andras_H,

How did you edit the photos?  What tools are being used?

Level 8

hey @YK1001, i am using the official Google Photos app on android for photo editing..nothing else. thanks

Level 8

Hi @Andras_H,

In this case, the best place to report this issue should be the Photos Help Forum.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?nomobile=true#!forum/photos

Level 8

thank you, @YK1001, I opened a topic for that:)

Level 8

Please do educate us by updating here when you got the solution.