Venky_lightbug's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Photos of places need to be attributed with more info- Caption, Category etc

I commonly see that for each place there are so many photos uploaded by numerous users, out of which few are of the exact location, some are of the route, some might be of food, some might be of menu (in case of restaurant), some personal and many irrelevant.

• What I propose is that each photo should first have a caption option so that user can provide extra information about the image
  • Each image should be given a tag/category. When one searches for place, the user can filter the images based on his requirement. Example: If its a restaurant, I would want to see the menu and ambience more than food pictures or Selfies. If its a monument, it would be the exact  monument view the user would be interested in. If its a Hotel, it would be the Rooms.
  • User should be able to like or give a thumbsup to relevant pictures, thereby the useful and most relevant pictures can be seen in the category rather than the user scrolling through tons of images.

Click| Travel| Repeat
Follow on Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/venky_lightbug/
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Photos of places need to be attributed with more info- Caption, Category etc

Hi @Venky61,

Thanks for reaching out with us.

Regarding your inquiries, such features are available on Google Maps, however for the moment only on mobile. Please make sure to have your device updated with the latest Operational System, as well as check for update for the Google Maps itself for best optimization.

• When you would open a location on Maps, check for the Photos, as there should be assorts of photos Category (with similar examples you have provided) .
  • You may indeed give a like on a photo of you preference.
  • In case the photo is uploaded by yourself, you may indeed provide captions for better understanding.

Follow up to that, I have moved your post to How-tos, as it would be more convenient there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 7

Re: Photos of places need to be attributed with more info- Caption, Category etc

Hi @sonnyNg

Thank you for your reply.

I always prefer desktop over mobile for reviews and photo uploading due to my restriction to mobile usage at work place. I shall hope that soon these features take a way to the desktop version too 🙂

I will try the mobile version today and get back to you.

Click| Travel| Repeat
Follow on Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/venky_lightbug/
Former Google Contributor

I understand the concern, @Venky61.

For the moment, please do give a try when possible.

In case there would be any further idea, that you come up with, please do not hesitate to share again on the Idea Exchange. : ]

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!