Vera_chidera's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Photography As A Therapeutic Exercise

Lagos is beautiful, but the traffic some days are the ugliest experiences you would pray not to be caught up in. Especially while returning from a hectic day at work. 

This day was one of them. Spent close to two hours in a taxi whilst crawling like soldier ants in this very slow moving traffic. Not to wear myself out completely I began to take pictures of buildings with illumination. As nature may have it, this move lessened my tension and anxiety. 

It's the Civic center tower, a luxurious event center with beautiful sea view located in Victoria Island Lagos, Nigeria. It's quite popular.

Shooting whilst on transit, especially of light works, turned the whole moody trip into a therapeutic one, I forgot the situation for a moment.

Photography is beautiful, it makes your mind wander off in trying to create something powerful. It could be the light, it lighted my mood and I arrived happy at my destination. Whoop 😊😊.InShot_20181128_093848483.jpg

Pillar of light overlooking the illuminated wallPillar of light overlooking the illuminated wall

Does photography heal you in any way sometimes? 

Spoiler

Civic Towers Car Park, Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria