Ksnodgrass's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Photographing Golf Courses in the Snow with a 360 Camera

Hello,

I am getting ready to use a 360 camera on loan from Google and I wanted some advice from anyone and everyone on how to photograph a golf course in the winter? Let me elaborate, I live in Northern Indiana on the Michigan border so not only is it freezing but also snowy. I am suppose to use the 360 camera to photograph major features of different golf courses in my area.

Again I'm looking for any advice on how to shoot a golf course in winter and snow may or may not be a factor. Right now,as we speak,there is no snow on the ground but next week is a completely different story and I only have 45 days to shoot. 

Thanks in advance to anyone that reply's and its much appreciated. 

Katy

Goshen, IN, United States
1 comment
Level 7

Re: Photographing Golf Courses in the Snow with a 360 Camera

Hi Katy,    Sounds like a fun project. I do golf & also live on a golf course here in Oregon, so I do get to see the fairways when they are lovely green & then again after a narly snow storm. My wife took a picture of our fairways in January of 2017 when they were loaded with snow and then again exactly one year later when they were a pristine green. The contrast was amazing & hard to believe they were the same place. For your project I would suggest shooting the 1st hole from the tee box and incorporating the beginning signage. The next shot would be towards the green from approximately the 150 yd marker and include the traps or bunkers. Looks like you "hoosiers" may get snow soon. Good Luck

Mike