DiAnaUS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Photo uploading abuse by several local guides

Indeed @ErmesT

I would think that instance of multiple poi with the same photo was ok @davidcox when there are multiple business's in the same building and you're adding an image that helps people find them that would be a reasonable thing to do.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Alac I would be surprised if that behavior got someone banned unless they were being maniacal about it and adding the same photo as spam to a great many points of interest.

It's best not to speculate why someone might or might not get banned from LGC as it will only happen when there is very good reason to do so and only the Googlers will know why to ensure privacy and integrity.

Regards

Paul

@PaulPavlinovichI know that only rare users are reading carefully Terms and conditions. I also know one user who is already banned from LG and LGC for such behaviour ( adding same photo for multiple business`s in the same building ). I do think like you, but i also think that rules must be the same for everybody.

Level 10

@DiAnaUS I missed this thread that, in effect, is on the same topic i wrote some days ago: 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/The-run-to-level-10-some-considerations/m-p...

I've reported privately some users, but i think that nothing huge will happen... i only hope that high level lg, once reached the desired level, will start contribute in a better way.

Level 10

Sincerely, i don't want to lose too much time investigating other lgs contributes. I think it's a waste of time.

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich I was really surprised and did some investigating last night because I take this seriously and want to be an asset to the program, not just messing around and gaining points. (But the game is motivating). I think @Alac did know of an interesting phrase in the policy so have started a new post to ask the group, Googlers, and moderators what to do in a specific situation that I hope will form guidance for me. Here is the link and will wait to see what they say. Then I will proceed accordingly. I think I got caught ASSUMING.

Level 10

@davidcox wrote:

@PaulPavlinovich I was really surprised and did some investigating last night because I take this seriously and want to be an asset to the program, not just messing around and gaining points. (But the game is motivating). I think @Alac did know of an interesting phrase in the policy so have started a new post to ask the group, Googlers, and moderators what to do in a specific situation that I hope will form guidance for me. Here is the link and will wait to see what they say. Then I will proceed accordingly. I think I got caught ASSUMING.

We are discussing about this question... while several LGs are uploading hundred of identical photos on the same business, or on several businesses, photos shot from the car window, while moving.... i think this is a waste of time!!! 😉

Level 6

He is in my location as well so many local guides that provide location, there are forests, there is also wrong location, but validated, continue if changed, the result does not apply

@DiAnaUS wrote:

Now that Google Maps has changed your point system, making photo additions 5 Points each, I have recently noticed a massive abuse of uploading photos that are irrelevant to many places by numerous amounts of local guides. 

What is the course of action that Google will take to limit this abusive Behavior?

I have just recently reported possibly 20 photos of one location by one local guide that all the photos were completely irrelevant not even in the same town nor topic of the area. The more I browse through maps to check facts I'm noticing more and more and it's becoming a major issue. I would say every 2 places that I have viewed there is at least one to two photos that are completely irrelevant to the place...

Do I even earn points for reporting this? 🤔  I've spent more time reporting irrelevant photos than on reviewing places 😥

Please be discussed yes

Level 10

I agree, many LG are uploading photos without meaning and do not contribute anything. I think this came about when the new punctuation system came out. For my part I denounce some that have nothing to do with the business or site.

Instagram  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Web Page  |

Level 8

Sorry im late in the conversation, had lots of work going on, sorry friends 😁

@PaulPavlinovich @ErmesT @LucioV @MaxWalsh @Dens1@davidcox @Alac thank you all for the great input! 

while some may not spam with the intent to, I have noticed a few doing so just to get ahead to level up. But as Paul said Karma will catch up to them.

I look through photos before going to places, not looking for spammers to report but to see the layout just for easy accessibility for my dad and uncle as they are both disabled, I don't want to waste their energy or time to get somewhere that is barely accessible (It's truly wearing on their bodies just for a quick trip to even the grocery store). In turn thats how I found lots of spam, and some of the posts, it's completely obvious when you click their profiles and see barely any other form of contributions or none at all, other than irrelevant photos. (I could spend all day reporting them but I won't stress about it because in all reality it comes down to Google's responsibility and response to provide true accuracy and approval of information contributed on Maps) 

As local guides there is a great responsibility to help in providing in accuracy, which I think people forget in their efforts to gain fast points to qualify for promotions and events. 

The system is not concrete in its ways. There will always be room for improvement, no matter how big or how small. I just hope that more filters will be put in place sooner than later so that the problem does not increase at an alarming rate. 

So reporting or not, points or not...

I guess we can all agree on the need for stronger filters! 😁👍👍👍

Level 2

@DiAnaUSI hope that someone will read this carefully!