DiAnaUS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Photo uploading abuse by several local guides

Now that Google Maps has changed your point system, making photo additions 5 Points each, I have recently noticed a massive abuse of uploading photos that are irrelevant to many places by numerous amounts of local guides. 

What is the course of action that Google will take to limit this abusive Behavior?

I have just recently reported possibly 20 photos of one location by one local guide that all the photos were completely irrelevant not even in the same town nor topic of the area. The more I browse through maps to check facts I'm noticing more and more and it's becoming a major issue. I would say every 2 places that I have viewed there is at least one to two photos that are completely irrelevant to the place...

Do I even earn points for reporting this? 🤔  I've spent more time reporting irrelevant photos than on reviewing places 😥

45 comments
Level 9

Re: Photo uploading abuse by several local guides

That sounds like a major inconvenience.  I myself haven't noticed this, but it wouldn't surprise me.  I honestly don't believe you receive points from your efforts.  My personal opinion is to leave it to those businesses that have been claimed to monitor the photos themselves.

New WriterNew SolutionistGood FriendSuper Popular| 9 Badges so far! | My Connect Profile | My Contributions
Level 10

Hello @Somsenater

I think there is no Point for report Picture on Google Maps.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

I have faced this problem before the new point system too.

If points will be given for reporting the irrelevant photos then it will be nice.

Level 2

@DiAnaUSI think this system with points and badges will ruin Maps

Level 10

I do not appreciate points for reporting wrong photos. Let LG DOSE THEIR JOB AND LET REGULATOR?Google dose its.

@DiAnaUS

@Monte

@BishowvijayaP

@iDepp

@Somsenater

Level 2

@ProfArunCMAt the moment there is too high rise of irrelevant photos, stolen, wrong located, one word comments, and rating of unknown places. Reporting points will repair something.

Level 10

@Monte Ler us see how Google react to your proposal.

@DiAnaUS

@BishowvijayaP

@iDepp

@Somsenater

@Monte wrote:

@ProfArunCMAt the moment there is too high rise of irrelevant photos, stolen, wrong located, one word comments, and rating of unknown places. Reporting points will repair something.

Level 8

@Monte I agree , points received or not there has been tons of spamming since the new point system. Photos which are completely irrelevant, people posting selfies just for attention which are not even in the area of tagged location. I spend so much time going through photos and reporting them, complete hassle but I deem necessary to do so because so many people rely on these photos  per location

@Monte wrote:

Level 2

@DiAnaUSI also do think that reporting process is too complicated and slow. This will generate even more spam. I really do not understand how google boots could not recognize photos which do not belong to POI.