Christina-NYC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Photo of the Week: Stonehenge by Local Guide chiWing ko

Every year, people travel to Stonehenge to view the light of the setting sun during the winter solsticethe first day of winter and the shortest day of the year. The landmark is a popular place to celebrate because its stones beautifully align with the winter solstice’s sunset.

This Photo of the Week nicely captures the wonderful light of the setting sun at Stonehenge. It was taken by Local Guide chiWing ko.

Caption: A photo of Stonehenge captured during sunset in Salsbury, UK. (Local Guide chiWing ko)Caption: A photo of Stonehenge captured during sunset in Salsbury, UK. (Local Guide chiWing ko)

Follow us on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter for more great photography from Local Guides.

How do we select the Photo of the Week?

The Local Guides Photo of the Week is chosen based on a variety of criteria: location, subject matter, and image quality (but not view counts) factor into our selection. Learn more about high quality photography and lighting tips to increase your chances of being selected. Featured photos are taken by actual Local Guides around the world who have uploaded them to places on Google Maps. We do not accept submissions for Photo of the Week.  

Keep sharing your beautiful photos on Google Maps and we'll tag you on our social channels if your photo is featured!

Stonehenge, Amesbury, Salisbury SP4 7DE, UK
20 comments
Level 10

Re: Photo of the Week: Stonehenge by Local Guide chiWing ko

Great lighting for a classic subject! Thanks @Christina-NYC for picking up this great photo that shows the site from an advantage angle... as Stonehenge could be also seen that way: 

😂

Connect Moderator

@Christina-NYC Wow! Local Guides have all unique technique for making better photography.    

Thanks for featured Stonhenge here. I heared many stories and saw many blogs about this place. 

Keep exploring ...

Happy Guiding! 

Level 9

Perfect shot by local guide chiWing ko Thank you @Christina-NYC for sharing a wonderful picture with us...

Level 9

@Christina-NYC thank you for great post. It is an amazing shot of Stonehenge by chiWing ko indeed.

Ever since started learning about mythology and history, I marked Stonehenge as a place must to visit like some other places,  for instance, Pyramid, Great Wall of China, Machu Pichu, Indus Valley etc.

Former Google Contributor

Thank you @Christina-NYC for sharing this stunning picture. 

Stonehenge is one of my favourite site and capturing a fragment of it during the winter solstice is pure magic. 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Wow! Excellent photography picture chiWing ko and @Christina-NYC thanks for sharing photo of the week picture. 

Level 2

you are so cool

jb
Connect Moderator

@Christina-NYC thank you for shaing this beautiful image.

I am looking forward visiting the Stonehenge and witnessing the festival someday.

Level 8

Wonderful photiphotog.soooooooooo good.😘😘