MichaelRichter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Photo not showing up in Google Maps

A photo that I uploaded today is not showing up in the Google Maps entry. It shows two people of a locals business. They both agreed that I can post the photo on Google Maps. Is there any way I can see if it gets approved? 

Ping @TraciC

12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Photo not showing up in Google Maps

Hello @PhiloshopherChild,

Thanks for your response. Although your photos may not show as pending, it's still possible they're in review status. Despite this, you may try adding photos to the POI via these various steps. You cannot add photos to addresses, but it will work for adding photos to a place's page.

Google Support will be able to reach you with updates or additional instructions since it's likely you were signed into your Maps application while submitting your feedback.  

Please keep us posted on your progress. We thank you for your patience. 

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

@MichaelRichter When you go to your Contributions page, then Photos section, can you see the photo that you uploaded? It might take some time for the photo to be publicly displayed, but if you can see it from the Contribution page, it will show up eventually.

Level 8

I see it on my contributions page. But is already over 1 day in and still not public. 

Level 8

Hey Bro! @MichaelRichter

Google sometime not approve photos directly because of approving so you must wait for that 24 hours to get approved, or maybe It is approved and you can`t see try to check it from someone else mobile.

Level 6

not showing up.pngHello, I've been having this problem for a couple of years now I think. Which discouraged me from posting anything else. I believe you can access my photos from my profile, but that is obviously not the aim here. The photos I post are high-quality jpegs or png, and I am curious to see if that is why they aren't coming up.  Although, I see no reason why they shouldn't because they are only 10-60mbs. 

As you can see on the image on the right, not a single photo that I posted shows up in the review.  Please help, because I do have some valuable photos to contribute, and I won't contribute anymore until this is resolved.

Level 7

Be patient. It will be displayed as soon as it is approved.

Level 6

not showing up 2.png

This is an ongoing problem. It is not a matter of waiting for approval.

Level 10

I just had one that took about 24-30 hours to upload. I'm guessing that it got flagged and had to be reviewed. It was a picture of my beer at a bar, so it kind of makes sense they would review it, and my food went right through. I recommend waiting until tomorrow.

The other thing you could do is take a couple additional pictures of the business without people, and see if they get processed more quickly...Google's AI sometimes likes people in the pictures, but often it prefers pictures without people.

Level 6

In my previous reply, there is an image that shows a post that contains a photo that was posted 5 months ago. It has nothing out of the ordinary that should be flagged.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @PhilosopherChild,

It sounds like you're familiar with the process for adding a place to Google Maps. This post will explain why an edit may have been stuck in pending or even rejected. Although it's been some months, there's no true time frame for edits to be approved. Since the map is always evolving, there will be opportunities for your updates to stick - it's simply a matter of timing and context. You're also welcome to submit feedback about adding such places to Maps by visiting the Menu via your application and selecting "Help & Feedback" to find "Send Feedback."

Don't give up, keep contributing. Good luck!